Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waxoyl - rustproofing

Options
  • 25-08-2009 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Morning,

Has anyone ever used waxoyl for rustproofing your van? Any comments on your experience with it?

I spotted this crowd over in the UK:

http://www.rustmaster.co.uk/index_32017.htm

Anyone know if there is a similar service provider anywhere in Ireland?

I purchased a new wagon recently and want her to last. Plus living by the sea means rust is always about :mad:.

Would anyone have any other tips on rustproofing or extending the life of parts in your wagon? (apart from store her in a shed all year).

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

I had mine done by that crowd in the uk. Did a good job, I got it done while I was on holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

You have to keep on top of this. If the waxoyl/underseal splits/cracks anywhere then it can let in and trap moisture, making things even worse.

The standard quote to get a classic car done over here is 600-900 depending on complexity. This would include cavities rather than just doing the undercarriage.

FYI there is another brand that is popular called Dinitrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Thanks lads.

Advertisement