Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs..

• 07-10-2008 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Sorry lads i don't know how many league games are played in LOI ..

So have Bohs won it then ? Mathematically ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mathematically, no. They are a stunning 19 clear with 6 to play, but Pats in second have a game in hand.

But, yes, Bohs are this seasons champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

I agree, Bohs are this years LOI Champions. Mathematically it's possible for Pats but realistically not... If Pats somehow manage to win the league, I'd die of a heartattack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Impressive season .. I used to go see Bohs play when i was a schoolboy back in '95 ...

how much are tickets ? now probably around €15 ?

I must go see them when i come back next , will they play in December or is the season different now ?

MArch - November isn't it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Burial wrote: »
    I agree, Bohs are this years LOI Champions. Mathematically it's possible for Pats but realistically not... If Pats somehow manage to win the league, I'd die of a heartattack!

There have been rumours that Bohs could go into administration. If they did then they would face a 10 point deduction.

I have heard that some Bohs players are on €5000 per week although Im not sure if this is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

€5000 a week???? That'd be insane... Quarter of a million each year for one salary for one player....

And I hope not, I don't want to die of a heart-attack :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Tickets are 15 and 20 euro depending

Rumours have it that Crowe is on 3,200 pw and is their highest earner

Trilla wrote: »
    Tickets are 15 and 20 euro depending

Rumours have it that Crowe is on 3,200 pw and is their highest earner

Id well beleive it although I think he is rubbish, probably Bohs worst player. Slow and clumsy player. Im sure there are players in cheap eastern european countries on a few hundred a week that are twice the players that Crowe ever was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Id well beleive it although I think he is rubbish, probably Bohs worst player. Slow and clumsy player. Im sure there are players in cheap eastern european countries on a few hundred a week that are twice the players that Crowe ever was.

People have been saying Glen Crowe is crap since he first signed for Bohs back when I went to matches and played for the schoolboy team, mid nineties time. From day one people said he was slow, clumsy and lazy.

The thing is, he is actually deceptively quick (or at least was last time I saw him play) and is a great natural finisher. It is very hard to argue with his scoring record or the trophies he has won in the Irish game and the fact is, I think you would be hard pressed to exclude him from any all time League of Ireland/Eircom League selection squad as a first choice striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Slow and clumsy player.

hmmm... asked me that 5 months ago and I would be thanking you and agreeing 100%. But his touch (even the goal against Bray, that little nick past the keeper), holding up the ball and his strength in the air etc makes him a very good forward imo.

3 grand a week is another thing tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

jackdaw wrote: »
    Sorry lads i don't know how many league games are played in LOI ..

So have Bohs won it then ? Mathematically ?

Not just yet. If we beat Drogheda away on Friday night, we're officially champions, regardless of the score in the St. Pats game that night. (The Bohs match is live on RTE2, 7:30, kick-off 7:35)
    gimmick wrote: »
    Mathematically, no. They are a stunning 19 clear with 6 to play, but Pats in second have a game in hand.

But, yes, Bohs are this seasons champions.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but Pats actually have 2 games in hand, so could potentially reduce the gap to 13 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

There have been rumours that Bohs could go into administration. If they did then they would face a 10 point deduction.

I have heard that some Bohs players are on €5000 per week although Im not sure if this is true.

Your sources are way off.

The issue is that Bohs have breached the wagecap. The FAI may (should) take points off them due to the blatant nature of the breach, up to the point of relegation. My sources say they may well do so.

Your sources are way off.

The issue is that Bohs have breached the wagecap. The FAI may (should) take points off them due to the blatant nature of the breach, up to the point of relegation. My sources say they may well do so.

You have a lot of these "sources" but very little actual links or evidence to support them. I doubt the FAI will go after any clubs given the current economic climate and the fact that LoI teams are on the verge of making a breakthrough in Europe.

Draupnir wrote: »
    You have a lot of these "sources" but very little actual links or evidence to support them. I doubt the FAI will go after any clubs given the current economic climate and the fact that LoI teams are on the verge of making a breakthrough in Europe.

The FAI will have no choice if Bohs hand in end of season accounts showing that 95% of their budget was taken up on wages, especially if Pats complain. Economic circumstances have nothing to do with it. Cheating is cheating.

The Bohs board split on this and their Chairman has walked. This isn't over.

As for my 'sources', I have been proved right often enough to enough people on here. Ask those here who bet on Staunton and Trapps for the Ireland job on my tip etc. I back up my sources with PM's when I can't post it publlically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The fact they haven't been penalised yet seems they are within the wage cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

City got a ten point deduction for entering examinership. If we still have a club in a few weeks/next season, we could be facing more points deductions and/or relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Pure Cork wrote: »
    City got a ten point deduction for entering examinership. If we still have a club in a few weeks/next season, we could be facing more points deductions and/or relegation.

Technically it's 'demotion'! :pac:

Still feeling the pain! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Technically it's 'demotion'! :pac:

Ye're the experts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If it does transpire that Bohs have breached the wage cap, I assume that Pats will surely take some kind of action, even if the FAI try and ignore it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Has there ever been a season in the Eircom League where the final table doesn't include at least one star?

Has there ever been a season in the Eircom League where the final table doesn't include at least one star?

It's becoming a total farce alright, agree there.

But please, please don't use the "e" word :(.

• Advertisement

Pure Cork wrote: »

I just mean that, if the FAI can avoid chasing any of the clubs that might break into Europe, they will in order to hopefully make a few quid out of a European run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Yes but by doing that it undermines the very structure put in place to safe guard the league. If the wage cap was broken then it means a club has put itself in a financially risky position leveraging the cost on success. If the FAI take no action then this will become a standard practice and so starts the downward spiral that sees a lot of clubs going out of business as their wage bill starts to become 90% - 100% of their turnover.

Good euro run or not the life of the league / team is more important than a single run in a cup.

I just mean that, if the FAI can avoid chasing any of the clubs that might break into Europe, they will in order to hopefully make a few quid out of a European run.

How do the FAI make money from European runs? :confused:

This is about enforcing a much needed and welcomed rule in its first season.

The fact they haven't been penalised yet seems they are within the wage cap.

They are in violation, thats not in dispute. There are two issues.

1 - the Carroll money may still arrive before seasons end - case closed, they are fine

2- the b*hs board knew 1 would and could not happen yet accounted for it as a cashflow and spent 650k on wages they were not supposed to while the chasing pack were compliant. Thats deliberate cheating and the FAI will have to act. If not, watch pats head to the four courts to make them.

How do the FAI make money from European runs? :confused:

This is about enforcing a much needed and welcomed rule in its first season.

More impact in Europe means that the FAI have a bigger say in and share of advertising revenue, tv deals etc. That is why it is beneficial for the FAI for Irish teams to do better in Europe.

More impact in Europe means that the FAI have a bigger say in and share of advertising revenue, tv deals etc. That is why it is beneficial for the FAI for Irish teams to do better in Europe.

No they don't.

But thats irrelevent. The FAI cant ignore the rules because B*hs might do better in Europe than Pats.

By that logic Rovers are Irelands most successfull European side, most wins, goals, clean sheets etc. So we should be entered every year. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

The FAI will have no choice if Bohs hand in end of season accounts showing that 95% of their budget was taken up on wages, especially if Pats complain.
    It's unlikely that they will. The only complaining about Bohs finances that I have seen anywhere has been in your posts on this website.
    They are in violation, thats not in dispute.
    I think you'll find that it is; do you expect everyone to take your word for it?

No they don't.

But thats irrelevent. The FAI cant ignore the rules because B*hs might do better in Europe than Pats.

By that logic Rovers are Irelands most successfull European side, most wins, goals, clean sheets etc. So we should be entered every year. :D

Eh, yes they do. I suggest you do some reading about how UEFA split TV Revenue, Sponsorship Revenue and how they allocate grants and funding to their National Association members. Or else ask some of your "sources"....

I didn't say that the FAI will ignore the rules because Bohs might do better than Pats, I said they would do their best not to penalise any team that might be able to make the breakthrough in Europe because it would not be in their best interest to do so.

How are Rovers the most successful European side by that logic? I would have thought they are the most successful based purely on fact?

djpbarry wrote: »
    It's unlikely that they will. The only complaining about Bohs finances that I have seen anywhere has been in your posts on this website.
    I think you'll find that it is; do you expect everyone to take your word for it?

Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Dont want to get dragged into this but the FAI and their accountants have said that theyre satisfied that we are compliant.

Gypoweb is talking about little else, the Rovers forum is laughing at them and has had a few threads, I know of a Celtic forum that has a debate on it. Thats what I have seen myself. I assume fool.ie and Pats forum amongst others are discussing it.

Bohs issued a press release on the matter. Bohs fans who post here acknowldge that there is an issue, but deny its a breach. What more do you want?

bohsman wrote: »
    Dont want to get dragged into this but the FAI and their accountants have said that theyre satisfied that we are compliant.

..... on the basis that the Carroll money arrives......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not strictly true djp. People may not be saying it, but I assume that a lot of LOI fans - not just Rovers - will be unhappy if the Carroll payment doesn't materialize and Bohs are found to have contravened the wage cap. I especially can't see Pat's fans being too happy about it.

The schadenfreude /rivalry is one thing, but it's also about fairness to the other teams in the league that have to suffer because they're trying to stick within budget. And about trying to make the league less of a joke to outsiders.

Time will tell, I guess.

I didn't say that the FAI will ignore the rules because Bohs might do better than Pats, I said they would do their best not to penalise any team that might be able to make the breakthrough in Europe because it would not be in their best interest to do so.

This has got to be one of the most depressing things I've read here in a long time. Suggesting that the FAI should ignore a wage cap breach (in the first year of its operation) because the team doing it is more likely to do well in Europe.

Another reason to make the league look like a laughing stock. :(

Seeing as Pats, Drogs and till recently Cork all have a higher wage bill than Bohs they really cant complain too much. Also the 95% being quoted is wrong as it includes the management teams wages.

I cant find a link to Suttons comments but I didnt see "on the basis that the Carroll money arrives" in any of the quotes I read from the FAI.

bohsman wrote: »
    Seeing as Pats, Drogs and till recently Cork all have a higher wage bill than Bohs they really cant complain too much. Also the 95% being quoted is wrong as it includes the management teams wages.

I cant find a link to Suttons comments but I didnt see "on the basis that the Carroll money arrives" in any of the quotes I read from the FAI.

Cork? Do they really.

The fact that Pats and Drogs have a higher wage bill is irrelevant. They also have a higher turnover.

Do you dispute the fact that if the Carroll money fails to arrive you are in breach of the wage cap?

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    Time will tell, I guess.

In an astonishing act of convienience the Albion Case is due to be heard the day after the Bowezzzz EGM. Gerry Cuffe is apparantly refusing to face this EGM as he has retired with effect from late this year.

The penny is finally dropping on gypoweb.....

Gypoweb is talking about little else, the Rovers forum is laughing at them and has had a few threads, I know of a Celtic forum that has a debate on it.
    Perhaps I should have said that I haven’t seen any reliable sources.
    Bohs issued a press release on the matter. Bohs fans who post here acknowldge that there is an issue, but deny its a breach. What more do you want?
    To have some discussion of the EL without it descending into yet another speculative discussion on the state of Bohs’ balance sheet.
    stovelid wrote: »
    People may not be saying it, but I assume that a lot of LOI fans - not just Rovers - will be unhappy if the Carroll payment doesn't materialize and Bohs are found to have contravened the wage cap. I especially can't see Pat's fans being too happy about it.
    I don’t doubt that for a second. But how about we wait and see what actually materialises? If Bohs are in breach of the licensing agreement, then they should be punished; no question. If they are not, they are worthy league champions.

At the very least, how about ONYD starts a thread entitled “Bohs are ****ed” (or some such witty remark) and all discussion related to Bohs/Albion/Carroll can be confined to the one thread, rather than it spilling out all over the place like a bunch of angry Rovers fans on speed.

Cork? Do they really.

The fact that Pats and Drogs have a higher wage bill is irrelevant. They also have a higher turnover.

Do you dispute the fact that if the Carroll money fails to arrive you are in breach of the wage cap?

Cork really did have a higher wage bill by all accounts.

Ill wait and see what the FAI decide if the Carroll deal falls through and accept whatever they rule, I dont know enough about the wage cap rules to know but yes I would assume we would be.

Perhaps I should have said that I haven’t seen any reliable sources.
    To have some discussion of the EL without it descending into yet another speculative discussion on the state of Bohs’ balance sheet.
    I don’t doubt that for a second. But how about we wait and see what actually materialises? If Bohs are in breach of the licensing agreement, then they should be punished; no question. If they are not, they are worthy league champions.

At the very least, how about ONYD starts a thread entitled “Bohs are ****ed” (or some such witty remark) and all discussion related to Bohs/Albion/Carroll can be confined to the one thread, rather than it spilling out all over the place like a bunch of angry Rovers fans on speed.

But it is a thread about B*hs finances ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

whats the story with the Carroll deal anyway - have Bohs received any actually cash yet? When do they get their new superduper stadium in the middle of nowhere?

• Advertisement

But it is a thread about B*hs finances ffs.
    Granted, it's a thread about Bohs, but it wasn't a thread about their finances, at least not to begin with anyway.

loyatemu wrote: »
    whats the story with the Carroll deal anyway - have Bohs received any actually cash yet? When do they get their new superduper stadium in the middle of nowhere?

Its unlikely that a project like that will go ahead in the current climate. IMO :(

loyatemu wrote: »

they have yet to recieve money because it turns out they had already sold a section of the stadium to another company. a visionary plan with only one flaw.....

unlikely the deal will go ahead both in terms of what would replace Dalyer and the rest of the project in Harristown.

but even the B*hs board managed to fcuk up a €5m no strings attached present. :D

Don't want to get into this again, but just to answer some questions raised and correct some mis-truths thrown about on this thread...
    Cork? Do they really.
    Had until they slashed wages by 70%, yes.
    Not so much higher as to bring them under the 65% cap if it wasn't for their investors pumping money in
    I don't really want to get into this again, but the FAI have accepted our monthly accounts, and have given us written assurances, as have our auditors, that we are within the wage cap.
    In an astonishing act of convienience the Albion Case is due to be heard the day after the Bowezzzz EGM.

:confused: The EGM date was set before the courts reconvened. When they did, they judgement on the case was delayed until Friday 17th October. That was the decision of the courts and has nothing to do with the EGM.
    Gerry Cuffe is apparantly refusing to face this EGM as he has retired with effect from late this year.

Cuffe's tenure is up and he would have to seek re-election. He has therefore not retired and is simply not seeking re-election.
    The penny is finally dropping on gypoweb.....
    You really are obsessed with THE BIG CLUB :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Publin wrote: »
    I don't really want to get into this again, but the FAI have accepted our monthly accounts, and have given us written assurances, as have our auditors, that we are within the wage cap.
    What do you mean they have accepted your monthly accounts? Theyve accepted Galways as well, and they admit they have broken the cap for a short period. We still have to see what happens there.

Why are you the only person who has written assurances that you are within the wage cap without Carrolls money? Why hasnt the club or the FAI issued a statement to that effect to put the issue to rest?

"We have talked to the FAI financier, Padraig Smith, auditors and lawyers and they all agreed that we are nowhere near it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Who said that, your mate in the pub. I agree, you are nowhere near it if you get Carrolls money. But you arent going to get it, so you are ****ed.

Maybe if Drogheda pay us we'll go below the 65%.

http://www.bohemians.ie/index.php/club-news/important-notice-for-all-bohemian-fc-fans-travelling-to-drogheda.htm

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL BOHEMIAN FC FANS TRAVELLING TO DROGHEDA ON FRIDAY

The Board of Bohemian FC want to advise our supporters that no tickets have been provided to the club for presale by Drogheda United. This is despite the fact that we have been asking for tickets for over a week.

We expressed concern to Drogheda United that only 400 away fans will be admitted even though we expect many more to travel.

Despite numerous phone calls and e-mails, Drogheda United remained uncontactable until Monday (6/10) of this week. They then sought from Gerry Conway, Honorary Secretary, an unqualified guarantee on behalf of Bohemian FC that all tickets sold by Bohemians would be paid for in full on Friday (10/10) at 5 pm.

In the interests of our supporters the Hon. Sec. made that commitment. At this point Drogheda United agreed to release 400 tickets to us.

By 5 pm on Tuesday (7/10) no tickets had arrived. At 9.30 am this morning (Wed 8/10), Drogheda United informed us that no tickets would be given to us unless all 400 were paid for in advance and in full (EUR6,600).

We offered to give a cheque for this amount to a senior official of the eircom League to be held until Friday evening. Drogheda then agreed to send the tickets when the League confirmed to them that they physically had the cheque.

Drogheda United have since reneged on this agreement and have informed us that they would only accept a bank draft for the full amount. In view of the fact that Drogheda United already owe Bohemian FC a substantial amount of money we felt it would not be prudent to pay in advance for tickets that we might not sell, particularly given the short time available for sales as a result of Drogheda United's unwillingness to discuss allocations.

We believe that Drogheda United have shown a complete lack of respect for our Club and our fans, and have not acted in the spirit of the Participation Agreement governing our League.

They have also clearly displayed a reckless disregard for the safety of our supporters and security concerns that could possibly arise on Friday night, as a result of their actions. Bohemian FC will be meeting with eircom League officials to express our concerns in relation to this matter.

CiaranC wrote: »
    What do you mean they have accepted your monthly accounts? Theyve accepted Galways as well, and they admit they have broken the cap for a short period. We still have to see what happens there.

By accepted, I mean that the FAI have received them and have no issue with them. They have stated in writing to the club that we are within the wage cap.
    CiaranC wrote: »
    Why are you the only person who has written assurances that you are within the wage cap without Carrolls money? Why hasnt the club or the FAI issued a statement to that effect to put the issue to rest?

Because the club asked for these assurances in order to dispell any rumours going around, perpetuated by people like yourself, so as to leave members in no doubt and presumably it would be useful to simply have on file - good housekeeping.

The quote given by bohsman above is one I gave in a previous thread also where I again addressed this issue

Conway stated that "We (Bohs) have talked to the FAI financier, Padraig Smith, (our) auditors and lawyers and they all agreed that we are nowhere near it (the salary cap)."

• Advertisement
Advertisement