Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SPC4 for freesat

• 15-09-2014 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

I currently have 2 sky hd boxes, one which i pay sky for, the other i use for the freesat channels. i have them going into an spc4 box then into an 8 way splitter in the attic. This is my diy way of having multiroom.

I want to ditch sky and replace with freesat pvr boxes. I know i need to get modulators to mimic the rf2 loopthrough, but would the spc4 box be able to combine signals from the 2 boxes and distribute to splitter box?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

The SPC4 will combine the RF signals from the modulators, provided it is powered. I presume the '8-way splitter' is a distribution amplifier of some sort, such as a Global Loftbox?

The SPC4 more than likely won't pass signals from non-Sky remote controls: never tried it, but the whole point of the SPC4 is that Sky remotes can be programmed to only work with a single connected receiver, thus avoiding conflicts if people are watching in different rooms. You'll soon find out if you hook up another receiver & give it a go.

If it doesn't work, it should be possible to replace it with an ordinary combiner. I'm not sure what measures exist for non-Sky receivers avoiding remote control conflicts .

The SPC4 will combine the RF signals from the modulators, provided it is powered.

Probably doesn't need to be powered for modulator signal combining & passthrough. If it does, a 'magic eye' compatible modulator kit, such as the Triax Tri-Link, will provide power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

THE spc 4 will not work with non Sky equipment as it allows the signal from the remote to pass through the corresponding port....could you simple buy too freesat boxes and put them directly into the rooms you require using dixplexors if there is only one cable there?

Or use a triax trilink to control one..

I'm not sure what measures exist for non-Sky receivers avoiding remote control conflicts .

Seems Humax remotes could be paired with a receiver, up to 6 receiver/remote combos. Not sure about current models (or other makes).

If remote conflicts can be avoided, there should be no problem re-establishing the current setup, with the SPC4 being replaced with an ordinary 2-way combiner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

steveon wrote: »
    THE spc 4 will not work with non Sky equipment as it allows the signal from the remote to pass through the corresponding port....could you simple buy too freesat boxes and put them directly into the rooms you require using dixplexors if there is only one cable there?

Or use a triax trilink to control one..

I have the signals distribute to 4 different rooms then so dont really want boxes in each.

• Advertisement

Seems Humax remotes could be paired with a receiver, up to 6 receiver/remote combos.

I suppose the SPC4 must work on the same principle, so probably could be made to work, although it wouldn't be needed if the remotes are paired with the receivers. Would just save disturbing the system.

Advertisement