Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chinese domain regester

Options
  • 16-06-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I've got an email from "China Internet Service Provider" I fairly sure I've gotten them before for my website address with the Chinese domain and I've just ignored them. This time they've said someone is trying to register the address of the company that we're renting the shopping cart off.

I just want to confirm this is a scam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

ScumLord wrote: »
    I've got an email from "China Internet Service Provider" I fairly sure I've gotten them before for my website address with the Chinese domain and I've just ignored them. This time they've said someone is trying to register the address of the company that we're renting the shopping cart off.

I just want to confirm this is a scam.

If they are not your registar it is a scam. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What their saying is because the name is the same as ours we have rights to the name the same way the Irish domain crowd are.

Their website is a laugh riot though.

http://www.dnisp.cn/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Why the hell would anybody half way around the world be interested in 'protecting' your trademark unless they're up to something. It's likely either scare spam to drum up reg biz and/or phishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

ScumLord wrote: »
    Their website is a laugh riot though.

http://www.dnisp.cn/

ROFL. I'd always wondered what exactly a domain name is:
    Compared with IP address, Domain Name is a character sign which is like a doorplate number on internet, it's used to identify and orient hiberarchy of computer on internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's a scam. Our clients get hit with these kind of things all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement