Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ebuyer no longer delivering to Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Orders seem to go through if you use google checkout.

Will post later if they inform me the order has been cancelled.

Just to let you all know though, I bought something off them a few weeks ago via google checkout and it turned out to be faulty.

They collected it and verified that it was faulty.

THey then informed me they no longer ship to Ireland so refunded me the price of the item, but not the dlievery charge.

Edit : Yeah they cancelled the order this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

nd wrote: »

Edit : Yeah they cancelled the order this time.

Did they refund everything this time including the shipping charge or had they even got as far as charging you?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭kahf1_01

I ordered off these guys about 2 years ago. I had awful problems, I rang them up several times, apparently they dont even recongise us as a country, they called us "EIRE" postage is also a bomb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

Could you not just use a postcode which ships to northern ireland have have an irish adress so theyll send it to you by an post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭moonboy52

innthe wrote: »
    Could you not just use a postcode which ships to northern ireland have have an irish adress so theyll send it to you by an post?

If i was buying an expensive piece of hardware, i certainly would not the trust in the goodwill of the people in the Belfast sorting office to transfer it to An Post.

OcUK have recently reduced the shipping costs to ROI / Scottish isles. We are now charged the same price as people in Mainland Britain.

If Ebuyer does not want my business then so be it, others do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yes they have but my understanding is that if you have a business account and are registered for VAT they still ship here.
    No they won't plus you shouldn't buy through their business setup as they won't honer the warranty and only give you 30 days to return items no matter what. I'll never be using them again.

Could you not put bt1 1aa as your postcode and they would post it to belfast and san post would deliver it to you?

Could you not put bt1 1aa as your postcode and they would post it to belfast and san post would deliver it to you?

See post 56 :)

moonboy52 wrote: »
    See post 56 :)

aww but cmon man, ebuyer are cheaper than ocuk dude!

• Advertisement

aww but cmon man, ebuyer are cheaper than ocuk dude!

That may be so, but it is a moot point now unfortunately. If i buy a card for €350, you can be sure i will not do it in the hope it gets here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,905 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Nearly two years on, there has been an interesting development. I've been buying quite a lot of PC and other stuff from UK suppliers who either don't ship to RoI or charge and arm and leg. I just use Parcel Motel - essentially an accomodation address in Antrim, the gear gets forwarded to my nearest drop-off safe point (look it up, it's quite secure) and all's hunky-dory. A minimal charge of Eu3.50 is applied for this service, so it makes sense on many items.
    I'm looking at buying a printer from ebuyer, which brought up this thread.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

I always use parcel motel for buying of amazon uk its brillaint really good idea but when i buy of overclockers or Scan dpd 2 days service is what they use scan charges £12 and overclockers is £8 same company service brilliant.parcel motel is really only for small items i feel or has anyone bought something big of amazon uk and what where they charged of parcel motel (NightLine)?

I've had a couple of reasonably bulky items via PM - power tools in cases, etc and the max size is decent (more accurate details on their site). They're now offering more but I haven't made use of it yet - bigger package sizes and pick-up/drop-off, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭Worztron

Does Ebuyer still not deliver to the Republic of Ireland?

I'd love to buy from them sometime in the future after seeing this article.

Ebuyer Bring Budget Ubuntu Laptops to the UK: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/05/new-ubuntu-laptops-available-from-ebuyer-2-2

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You could get stuff forwarded through the likes of parcelmotel. It would cost a little extra though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Monotype wrote: »
    You could get stuff forwarded through the likes of parcelmotel. It would cost a little extra though.

Unfortunately they are wide to Parcel Motel and don't allow that either.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Parcel motel do accept wide items. All that will happen is that instead of picking it up at a motel, you'll pick it up at one of their depots around the country.

If you notice, the 'S' is right next to the 'D'
    gadgetman was probably referring to some senders not allowing drop-boxes as a destination address. Whether through desire to account for proper traceability, or being ripped-off; it's their stuff and their rules, much as I don't like it.
    For the odd must-have item that won't ship to Parcel Motel / Connect, there is always a relly or pal in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

I tried ordering today via Parcel Motel and the order was accepted then cancelled, and my account on eBuyer was closed down!

Seems a bit harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

munkee wrote: »
    I tried ordering today via Parcel Motel and the order was accepted then cancelled, and my account on eBuyer was closed down!

Seems a bit harsh.

Same thing happened to me the last time I tried to order something. When I queried it, I was told I would not be able to reopen my account. Seems extreme but I guess they have their reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

This just happened to me, just wondering do they give a full refund as Ive heard that they keep the delivery charge to N.I,

If I ordered from flubit would I encounter the same problem
    This is whta i was trying to buy http://www.ebuyer.com/658956-lenovo-e50-desktop-pc-90bx0018uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dabs sell that same PC for €211. Hassle free, delivery is €2. Might be worth considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hi,
    Unfortunately we are unable to reactivate the account as the billing and shipping address have been related to fraud.
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused but let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

got that enote off them this morning, what an absolute sham of a company, people stay away from this crowd

Hope you point out to them the dropbox number is an essential part of your unique address with PM / PC and nothing to do with anyone else who's using it.

Advertisement