Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handicap query pre tomorrow.

• 18-04-2014 8:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

I have a full handicap from 2013, last qualifying event played in October.

I have changed club over the winter. My old club haven't done me the courtesy of producing a handicap just yet. And I no longer have access to golfnet under my old gui number.

I'm on the line for an open tomorrow. Has my old club handicap lapsed? Other than enjoy the walk is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I think you will be just enjoying the walk in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

AFAIK you need to get a handicap report from your old club and hand it into to the Handicap Sec in your new course. You'll get a new card with a new number to log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

I'm in the same boat as Op only I have a new gui number and card. Have logged in on away systems only to appear as visitor with no handicap applied. No opens yet so wondering is it a valid card I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

I'm in the same boat as Op only I have a new gui number and card. Have logged in on away systems only to appear as visitor with no handicap applied. No opens yet so wondering is it a valid card I have?

Is your handicap coming up okay when you login on the computer on your home course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Poker Face wrote: »
    Is your handicap coming up okay when you login on the computer on your home course?
    That I don't know. I've been down to play the last 3 Sunday mornings,haven't managed yet. Playing there next Wednesday hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Have you been issued a card by your new club?

I was in a similar situation a few years ago. I emailed the munster branch explaining my situation and forwarded on my old GUI number and contact details to them. Someone rang me back within a few hours and got it sorted within a week.

They sent me a letter on branch headed paper detailing my handicap at the end of the previous yr that I could hand in to my new club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

there is a mobile number you can text for you GUI Handicap.
    Do i Need permission to post it up here as it is a general number available from the GUI.
    you get a automated response with your exact handicap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

cgh wrote: »
    there is a mobile number you can text for you GUI Handicap.
    Do i Need permission to post it up here as it is a general number available from the GUI.
    you get a automated response with your exact handicap.

Does that still work? Last time I tried it didn't :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭kevgaa

Hi,

Something along similar lines, my old club has wound up and I'm currently shopping around for a new club? I seem to remember that my handicap is still valid for 6 months or until I join a new club? Is that correct or is it casual golf till I join a new club?

Thanks
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭josie19

uberwolf wrote: »
    I have a full handicap from 2013, last qualifying event played in October.

I have changed club over the winter. My old club haven't done me the courtesy of producing a handicap just yet. And I no longer have access to golfnet under my old gui number.

I'm on the line for an open tomorrow. Has my old club handicap lapsed? Other than enjoy the walk is there anything I can do?

I presume you paid your GUI last year which means you were a GUI member until 31/12/2013 - Your handicap is valid for 6 months after that so your playing handicap is the one you finished with in 2013. When playing opens you swipe in and insert your handicap. Was your previous club not a member of HowDidIDo? You could print your handicap from there.

Your handicap is your responsibility. I've moved clubs a few times in the last few years. I never relied on a previous club to produce a handicap for me. Normally I log into GolNet when I'm signing up to a new club and they take my handicap from there.

• Advertisement

Just stick your handicap in. There is always an option to change your existing handicap in opens. Most times a club you've played in before will only display the handicap you had when you last played there. That's why it's your responsibility to know your handicap and cut yourself if you've played above standard scratch in a recent comp before GolfNet gets the data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I am a paid up member of the gui for 2014. I have a new club which has asked that my old club provide a handicap cert before they set me up. For some reason my golfnet records under my old gui number are no longer accessible now that I have a new gui number so I can't produce that handicap cert myself, or link the old and the new.

Since I started this thread I've actually taken email delivery of my handicap cert from my old club. So I'm going to produce that in the morning with my 2014 gui card and see whether the club will accept that.

uberwolf wrote: »
    I am a paid up member of the gui for 2014. I have a new club which has asked that my old club provide a handicap cert before they set me up. For some reason my golfnet records under my old gui number are no longer accessible now that I have a new gui number so I can't produce that handicap cert myself, or link the old and the new.

Since I started this thread I've actually taken email delivery of my handicap cert from my old club. So I'm going to produce that in the morning with my 2014 gui card and see whether the club will accept that.

As long as your handicap didn't lapse it's valid. Is the open in your home club or somewhere else? If it's an away club just fill in your handicap when you sign in. If it's your home club then I don't think you'll get an option to change the handicap if it's not setup.

With proper administration at the new club the handicap should have been taken from the GolfNet site on the day you joined. No need for involving your former club who are probably not that fussed in sorting your handicap issues for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

josie19 wrote: »

With proper administration at the new club the handicap should have been taken from the GolfNet site on the day you joined. No need for involving your former club who are probably not that fussed in sorting your handicap issues for you.

I had naively assumed as much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I was playing in an away comp with my new card last week, once I swiped it it said "no handicap record" and it left a box for me to enter it in.

Senna wrote: »
    I was playing in an away comp with my new card last week, once I swiped it it said "no handicap record" and it left a box for me to enter it in.

+1 Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭Unglika Norse

kevgaa wrote: »
    Hi,

Something along similar lines, my old club has wound up and I'm currently shopping around for a new club? I seem to remember that my handicap is still valid for 6 months or until I join a new club? Is that correct or is it casual golf till I join a new club?

Thanks
    K

Casual golf till you join a new club.

If your not a members of a club, you don't have a handicap.

Advertisement