Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Diploma Primary Teaching

Options
  • 23-09-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to study the Grad Dip Primary Teaching in Mary I. Every year the interviews have been in December with the course starting in Jan/Feb. I am now aware that the course has been changed to a two year degree. I am just wondering if anyone knows if it is likely to be pushed to commencement date in September 2014 or will it remain the same as always? I'm just a concerned to find out as I want to know if I have to take up re-learning Irish a gear, or if I have a whole year to wait!! I've contacted Mary I but they said to just keep checking the website. If anyone has any information to shed on the subject, that'd be great!

Thanks,

Niamh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Howyaaaaa7

I am wondering the same thing .... I am hoping and also think that they will change it to start in September so it will be like any other Uni course, they only started in jan because it was 18mths and they could finish up the same time as other courses... I assume !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Progshark

as far as i know, the 2 year course will be starting in a September, I don't think anything has been finalised about this Winter yet, there are rumours that one final 18 month course will run before the commencement of the 2 year one, something about there being a "gap" year of graduating teachers due to the change from 3 year to 4 year BEd...The 18 month Grad dip could "plug" the gap to some degree. I don't think there has been any decision on this and I doubt there will be until closer to the time, so just hold tight and keep an eye on the mic website I suppose . . .

Does anyone have any "inside" information or have heard anything about when interviews would be held if it does commence in September ? Would it be August for those repeating irish/repeating sitting final exams in aug ?
    I was hoping to apply for the uk bit now with the ECT change I don't know if I should ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Apparently, the grad dip is only run year by year so they have to wait to see if they get /approval funding for it yet. So the placement office said a week or two ago anyway!

Ok so it has announced that the course is starting in feb. was hoping it would begin in sept. I guess I will be kept wondering whether the next course will begin next feb or the following sep ??? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 psychoniamh

Did anyone here apply? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emmaliz

Hi just wondered whether anyone got their place in mary imm for the postgrad starting jan 2014? :)

Advertisement