Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clonsilla Train Station

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

If you live far enough that you have to drive to the station then why not just keep going and park in town ? or park in the town centre and get the bus in which could be quicker some days and less crowded.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you live far enough that you have to drive to the station then why not just keep going and park in town ? or park in the town centre and get the bus in which could be quicker some days and less crowded.

Depending on the time of day- it could take up to an hour and a half to get into town- and thats assuming you have parking...... Also its a lot less stressful to take public transport. From the 1st of April in Dublin- any employees with parking are going to have to pay government tax on their benefit in kind- which will encourage more and more people to explore other options. Its only set at EUR200 initially, but the intention is that this would be incrementally increased to reflect the economic cost of the parking space over the next 3 years.......

I am fullly aware of the parking mess around Clonsilla and down towards Porterstown road- I'm not trying to excuse it- merely pointing out that if something isn't done immediately, its going to get a whole lot worse, very very soon.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Isnt there a new station on the way near Ongar? Maybe there wil lbe parking capacity there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Gaspode wrote: »
    Isnt there a new station on the way near Ongar? Maybe there wil lbe parking capacity there.

It will probably be full of people driving from Ongar.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 scholesy

Parking is a shambles up around Clonsilla station.Lets call a spade a spade.I have often driven or cycled past the link road between ongar and clonsilla near mount symon and the amount of broken glass,debris etc, is unreal.. All i would say is people,dont leave valuables in your car there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Gaspode wrote: »

If memory serves me correctly, there will be very limited space for car parking (60 or so spaces)at the new rail station near Ongar.

Bringing up this zombie thread to say my bike was stolen from Clonsilla Train station on Monday. The CCTV obviously doesn't put them off. Lock cut right through and bike was gone. Guessing there might be a link with the kids being off for midterm and my bike being stolen as I've been cycling there since September and never had a problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bringing up this zombie thread to say my bike was stolen from Clonsilla Train station on Monday. The CCTV obviously doesn't put them off. Lock cut right through and bike was gone. Guessing there might be a link with the kids being off for midterm and my bike being stolen as I've been cycling there since September and never had a problem.

Sh1t that's desperate dojoe. Was it a particularly good bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

amdublin wrote: »
    Sh1t that's desperate dojoe. Was it a particularly good bike?
    A cheap bike is still very valuable to the owner, even more so if it is a crucial or primary mode of transport.

dojojoe - What type of lock did you have? Was it seen on CCTV? Is the bike covered under house insurance? (I recommend that it be covered, though the excess might not make it worth it).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

daymobrew wrote: »
    A cheap bike is still very valuable to the owner, even more so if it is a crucial or primary mode of transport.

dojojoe - What type of lock did you have? Was it seen on CCTV? Is the bike covered under house insurance? (I recommend that it be covered, though the excess might not make it worth it).

Agreed.

However a valuable bike can also be a target for thieves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

Sorry for reigniting this thread but does anyone know how to get a parking permit for clonsilla station for the designated spots outside the station and how much are they ?

It's 2e per day pay and display

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Sorry for reigniting this thread but does anyone know how to get a parking permit for clonsilla station for the designated spots outside the station and how much are they ?

It's 2e per day pay and display

Pay and displaying is the way to get the parking permit for that area.

Within Portersgate, Residents can buy yearly permits to park on the streets in the area.

€2 per day is a bargain to park at the station for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Does anyone know what time the parking spots at the station are all gone in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

the earlier you are there the closer you can park to the station. Id say the furthest spots away from the station would be gone around 9 give or take

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I park beside the church every morning and the spaces are getting tight for around 7.40am - oviously further up the road they would take longer to fill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

If you have to park that far away up towards the bend, you might as well use the Clonsilla Link Road, provided it hasn't been double yellow lined or parking meters installed

got a 40 euro fixed penalty ticket the other day for not displaying a parking ticket, I use the text to park service. Called the number on the penalty and was advised the wardens system for checking prepays was not working so he just did them all! It was however waived

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

brightkane wrote: »
    got a 40 euro fixed penalty ticket the other day for not displaying a parking ticket, I use the text to park service. Called the number on the penalty and was advised the wardens system for checking prepays was not working so he just did them all! It was however waived

Thats a complete pain in the b*ll*x and unacceptable service, if theres a known issue on the day they should withdraw enforcement altogether. Wouldnt be so simple if it was a clamping area.

The cynic in me wonders what happens the ones who dont ring up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

brightkane wrote: »
    The cynic in me wonders what happens the ones who dont ring up

In fairness they probably did it to catch out the ones who don't use the text to park service. I had noticed this week there are still some spaces at 10 am so maybe this has worked as a deterrent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Hi all, hope it is OK to reignite this old thread :)

Just wondering if there is anyone here who regularly parks in Clonsilla, does it work out cheaper to use the park by text system or to just pay your €2 into the machine every morning? I saw there is an app called parkingtag.ie but the reviews of it seem to suggest its very poor, crashes often and they charge you 40 cent to send you a confirmation text every time you use it?

Arciphel wrote: »
    Hi all, hope it is OK to reignite this old thread :)

Just wondering if there is anyone here who regularly parks in Clonsilla, does it work out cheaper to use the park by text system or to just pay your €2 into the machine every morning? I saw there is an app called parkingtag.ie but the reviews of it seem to suggest its very poor, crashes often and they charge you 40 cent to send you a confirmation text every time you use it?

Both me and O/H use it several times a week. The App works fine for me most of the time, occasionally you get bad coverage on the train and you are delayed using it for a few mins. There is an SMS option, once you have pre-registered.

I think its 20c for a reminder text but that doesnt arise in Clonsilla if you pay for the day. I far prefer it to paying at the machine, cos thats more likely to be out of order than the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Cheers Labre, thats all I need to know - I'll register for it tonight ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Anyone got any experience of licence plates being stolen when parked at this station?

I've had mine stolen twice in the last 8 weeks. Once when the car was left there for a weekend and then again last night before 8PM. Down to the cops, report it, wait for my letter then go pay 25 quid to get my new plates.

Seriously pissing me off now at this stage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Keyzer wrote: »
    Anyone got any experience of licence plates being stolen when parked at this station?

I've had mine stolen twice in the last 8 weeks. Once when the car was left there for a weekend and then again last night before 8PM. Down to the cops, report it, wait for my letter then go pay 25 quid to get my new plates.

Are you taping them or screwing them on?

If taping, stop. Easy target for kids to nick. If they're screwed on, expect a clone or two of your car shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭bkeane

Keyzer wrote: »

Mine got stolen from there a few months ago. screwed in but they wrecked the paintwork on the back of the car pulling them off.
    Make sure that you keep an eye on your Toll bridge charges so that someone doesn't use your number for it.

Ye might as well paint them on lads for all the good it will do. They were taken off my neighbours 152 car outside her front window the week she got it.

Advertisement