Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to the future 2 was wrong

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If I take out my 3g modem, get this laptop in the car and accelerate up to 88 mph will this thread disappear into the past or the distant future?
    Here's hoping.

Am I the only one to note the irony of this argument on the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

when i was in primary school 1988 ish, one of the lads in my class had a cousin who lived in "america", and he had a hoverboard

he was telling me it used helium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

*sips tea from BTTF mug*

There will be no critisim of Back to the Future.
    Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭scanlas

Am I the only one to note the irony of this argument on the internet?

I don't remember the internet being in Back to The Future 2....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

A Mr. Fusion would be more useful. Also a self drying jacket and second-accurate weather prediction! Didnt nike release the shoes a few months back?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

KerranJast wrote: »
    And that they got a DeLorean up to 88mph? :D
    The speedo actually only read to 85mph due to some stupid government law at the time.though it did over 100mph!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

But it's Marty McFly:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

uncledoc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Whatever about BTTF and 2001, the big question is whether Orwell was right and it's just taken us 25 years to notice....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

mukki wrote: »
    when i was in primary school 1988 ish, one of the lads in my class had a cousin who lived in "america", and he had a hoverboard

he was telling me it used helium

yeah kids say all sorts of crap!

I love that trilogy,especially the first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wow, this is heavy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Of course Orwell was right: we have to control even our facial expressions in case one of the many cameras picks up something that could be construed as a slight against the one-party dictatorship controlling a third of the planet; even our thoughts have to be controlled while scientists work on a way of actually reading them; love/affection is not allowed between individuals - devotion can only be to the party; sex must not be pleasurable - it is only for pro-creational purposes, and scientists are currently working on destroying the orgasm (I was a member of the Junior Anti Sex League when I was younger); history is constantly being rewritten; we live in unspeakable squalour; if we commit a crime (e.g. being suspected of thinking anti government thoughts) we are subjected to the most horrific torture imaginable and have our minds reprogrammed, then we are airbrushed from history.

I could go on - but yes, definitely, we're living in the nightmarish world Orwell envisioned.

Back to BTTF 2 - yes, I take issue with Café 80s. That's more of a past five years thing - 90s nostalgia will be where it's at in 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 yousername

I tried to make a hoover car, but it all went wrong............and now i need to buy a new vacuum.

Advertisement