Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soft modded xbox with error 11

Options
  • 24-05-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all
    have a soft modded xbox running evolution x and the dvd drive is acting up. when I turn on the console it usually works, i can put in a disk and then when i try to take it back out again (press eject) the green light will flash around the eject button but the tray won't open.

I have had the same thing happen when running xbmc. xbmc will say the tray is already open. I can press eject again but nothing happens. If i switch off and on again, i will usually get the 'service required' screen with error 11 in the top right corner.

I think this error relates to the dvd drive but don't know how to sort it out.
    Only solution is to unplug, leave for ages and then (after a few hours) hit eject to open tray straight away and get the disk out.

Any and all help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

From looking up the error code it looks like you will need a new DVD drive and your symptoms point to this. Should be easy enough to pick one up on eBay. It think you can swap in a Thompson, Philips or Samsung with no probs.

Xbox being sold on adverts.ie for spare parts at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nashp

Coolio, thanks for the help.

Do you know if they will be any problem with just swapping in the drive if its another make, or if the fact that i have a soft mod will cause any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

No don't think so, the DVD drive isn't locked to the xbox motherboard.

Advertisement