Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were to get flashed 360 Fixed

Options
  • 27-04-2007 12:05pm

Hey Guys , a mate of mine has a flashed 360 that is crashing all the time . he is needing to get it fixed , anybody know were ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

No, but you can try to fix it using a pc with a SATA adaptor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Hey Guys , a mate of mine has a flashed 360 that is crashing all the time . he is needing to get it fixed , anybody know were ?

Could you please elaborate on "crashing all the time"

It plays games for about 5 minutes and everything freezes . Not mine so i can only be as specific as i can .

It plays games for about 5 minutes and everything freezes . Not mine so i can only be as specific as i can .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Does he have the original firmware backed up?

• Advertisement

Yes he does , but when he puts the disk in it crashes also . Should get him on here to explain it better ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's heat.
    Return it.

Has the warranty sticker been tampered with or did they use the heat and pull method when flashing the xbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dazzer4

how do i know if it is the heat thats causing the problem as it worked ok before it was flashed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

MS have started banning ppl with flashed drives, even the new fw's re being banned. Bans the console completely, so no setting up a new xbox live account. So i'd think twice about flashing!

• Advertisement

And can you tell me where your getting this information??? I havent heard any instances of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

From Major Nelson :

17/05/2007
    Xbox LIVE security

As you can imagine, we have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to modded consoles connecting to LIVE.
    We're very serious about this, and if we detect you have a modded Xbox then you will not be able to connect to Xbox Live. If you see this screen and get Status Code: Z: 8015 - 190D…that means your console has been banned.

We'll continue to enforce this rule to ensure the integrity of the service and protect our partners and use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

@that guy 901

Not good news for you is it! ;)

That could be the end of xbox live and modded xbox's unless an MS employee leaks how there checking if a console is modded or not

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Stay off Live for the next few days and turn off auto sign-in and wait it out for a few days.

Things are going to be ugly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im waiting for someone to bother trying to see if reflashing to the original fw will sort the job

either way tho im not too pushed

my live sub is up next week, and i hadnt played online in over a month so no huge loss to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Helix wrote:
    im waiting for someone to bother trying to see if reflashing to the original fw will sort the job

either way tho im not too pushed

my live sub is up next week, and i hadnt played online in over a month so no huge loss to me

No it doesn't. They have been collecting info for yonks and if your on their list regardless of whether you flash back to original your biox is banned. If you had been updating your firmware to the "stealth" versions you would be on live right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

only temporarily tho, this was just the first wave of bannings

loads more to come

Advertisement