Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting measured for a suit

Options
  • 26-11-2006 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    Just hoping someone here can help me.
    I have been given a present of a made to measure suit bought for me on the "asuitthatfits.com" website.
    However I just have to supply my measurements to them so they can make my suit.
    The website says you can measure yourself, however I would like to get measured properly from a professional.
    Where should I go to get my measurements taken for the suit.
    Any suggestions please. I am living in Waterford by the way.
    Thanks a million for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I don't know if this is viable but: go into a good clothing shop and enquire about buying a suit from them, sound keen, ask them to measure you and look at some suits that you may 'buy', then say you have to think about it and have to wait for your wages to come through and you will call in next week. Presto measurements attained. Realistic?!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

Hi Thanks for that.
    The only thing is there is about 13 or 14 different measurements to be taken.
    i.e Neck, Chest, Jacket waist, Jacket, Shoulder Width, Left Sleeve, Right Sleeve, Trouser Waist, Seat, Inside Leg, Outside Leg, Crotch, Thigh, Knee and ankle.
    As you can see there are quite a few measurements to be taken so I am not sure if a good clothing shop would even take all these measurements.

If anyone else has any ideas I'd be really grateful.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm sure if you went into a tailors and explained the situation they'd probably measure you for a tenner or so?

Anyone know of any tailors in the waterford area.

Thanks for the help.

Anybody with any ideas.

Would the likes of Blacktie do the measurements for me.

Regards.

• Advertisement

Hi lads,
    Anyone with any ideas to the above post.
    Anybody know of any tailors in the Waterford area or would Blacktie do the measurements for me.

Thanks.

Advertisement