Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Lace Back Corset Leg Knee Boots

Options
  • 21-11-2006 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking for a pair of boots, preferably in black, but would be tempted by another colour if they were really nice.
    I want something that stops about an inch or two before the knee, has approximately 3 inch heel, and lace ups at the back.

I found in pair in New Look, they were perfect, apart from one thing, they were too big around my calf, so looked baggy, and I want them fitted.

I found these pictures on eBay, they are the closest thing I can find to the ones in New Look, but they aren't nearly as nice.

Has anyone seen anything like them in the shops?

LT150237Ac.JPG

LT150237Ad.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

No, but I commend your taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MOTHERTRUCKER

They look great.
    Please post if you find out..............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

What's the fascination with pointy-toed footwear these days? They don't do it for me at all. They're like the shoe equivalent of that Gaultier cone bra Madonna once wore - exaggerating/caricaturing a sexy body part (toes/boobs) to the point where they're not attractive at all. I'd rank them along with padded shoulders!

It's probably just me though since all the girls are wearing pointy clown shoes these days. :P The rest of that boot looks great though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Oh they are just lovely, love the heel! Think they might look even nicer in a really dark brown though! Corkys had something similar a few weeks ago. Try River Island too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

you have good taste in shoes woman! they are sexy love the lacing im dying for a pair myself now - new look is bankrupting me through their shoes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Did you try Korky's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

I got a pair like them in Office, but that was a year to 2 years ago. I doubt they'll have them but they might have something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ClockWorkOrange

Dr_Teeth wrote:
    What's the fascination with pointy-toed footwear these days? They don't do it for me at all. They're like the shoe equivalent of that Gaultier cone bra Madonna once wore - exaggerating/caricaturing a sexy body part (toes/boobs) to the point where they're not attractive at all. I'd rank them along with padded shoulders!

It's probably just me though since all the girls are wearing pointy clown shoes these days. :P The rest of that boot looks great though!

Couldent agree more, they look especially hideous when worn with flared jeans..
    Like something you would see a gypsy wearing.. :D Actually i take that back, not fair on the gypsy community..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Dr_Teeth wrote:
    What's the fascination with pointy-toed footwear these days? They don't do it for me at all. They're like the shoe equivalent of that Gaultier cone bra Madonna once wore - exaggerating/caricaturing a sexy body part (toes/boobs) to the point where they're not attractive at all.

I agree, don't like them at all. I wonder who came up with the idea of sticking a big pointy end on the toe of a boot in the first place?? Odd.

In other news, the mental image of Mrs Doyle in knee boots is not appetizing... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

some light reading for those who don't get it!

http://www.iht.com/articles/2004/03/04/rshoes_ed3_.php

• Advertisement

Hey did the op eventually find these boots?
    Please post?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I got something similar, but with a wedge heel, in new look. But I am still on the hunt for a really cool dressy pair.
    I have tried Korky's, shuh, barratts, simon hart and Arnotts.
    If anyone else has anymore suggestion I would really appreciate them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hot as ****. Squirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

They look gorgeous.
    Dunnes are doing low-heeled, rounder-toed version of them at the moment. Heel is square and only about an inch, so perfect for me with my back troubles, but not as glam at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

Dr_Teeth wrote:

there's something wrong with your taste. or you only need glasses?:cool:

Seen a pair kind of similar in London last week but was over GBP120.
    Still looking online.........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Those shes are really nice, would be even prettier in black!

Advertisement