Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help getting a handicap

Options
  • 26-03-2014 1:21pm

hi all,

i have been playing golf for awhile now on and off and want to get a handicap, was thinking of joining Blessington Lakes (9-hole) just outside of Dublin as they have a cheap membership and 3 free rounds in order to get handicap.

Firstly any comments on the course? Secondly is there any member of GUI who would play rounds and sign my card if i do join the club,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ronnoco13 wrote: »
    hi all,

i have been playing golf for awhile now on and off and want to get a handicap, was thinking of joining Blessington Lakes (9-hole) just outside of Dublin as they have a cheap membership and 3 free rounds in order to get handicap.

Firstly any comments on the course? Secondly is there any member of GUI who would play rounds and sign my card if i do join the club,

Cheers

Never played BL before but if you join it, or any club for that matter, you will have plenty of people there (other club members) that will play and sign your card.

Become member, explain situation and ask the Pro shop to put you in a slot with a couple of other members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

ronnoco13 wrote: »
    hi all,

Cheers

Its a nice course and is well maintained and I found all members that I played alongside to be friendly .

I joined in May of last year in order to get my handicap and enjoyed my time there. There'll be no problem getting members to mark and sign your card as the competitions that the distance membership allows you to play are also played by full members.

thanks for the info lads

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

Joined it last year on the same deal you mention. I liked the course, always well maintained and even though its a 9 hole, some of the different tees do make a difference.

Bear in mind that €150 deal doesn't allow you entry in to monthly medal, captains day etc. but its grand for playing opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was just looking at possibly joining myself. Quick question - (which is probably more of a general golf question than a BL specific one) to get your Handicap do you need to have your card marked by a member of Blessington Lakes? Or can it be someone who is a full member of a different course but has an official GUI Handicap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Frisbee wrote: »
    Was just looking at possibly joining myself. Quick question - (which is probably more of a general golf question than a BL specific one) to get your Handicap do you need to have your card marked by a member of Blessington Lakes? Or can it be someone who is a full member of a different course but has an official GUI Handicap?
    any body with a GUI can sign your cards

Advertisement