Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swingers are weirdos.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

No
    Corkbah wrote: »
    I dont understand what your trying to say about the faces

It's simple - Swingers are generally unattractive. ;)

Corkbah wrote:
    swinging is NOT just swapping a partner....it is a lifestyle, a way of life

That's true. It is a lifestyle - a lifestyle that involves poor interior design with brown wallpaper featuring prominently, bad music choices and terrible haircuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Depends
    AnonoBoy wrote: »

do you know any that you can base this opinion on ? ....lol

I could take offence but I'm not sure I'm a swinger ...lol.... I have participated but not on a regular basis..... would you call someone who cycles to work once or twice a month a cyclist...dont think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

No
    swinging is NOT just swapping a partner....it is a lifestyle, a way of life....swingers are sometimes involved in 3somes, 4somes, orgies, watching their partner having sex with a stranger, even dogging can come under the swinging umbrella.

if you cant understand that then theres no point in me trying to explain it.... you have your opinion - if you dont like the swinging ethos then dont participate, I personally have had good and bad experiences of the swinging lifestyle.

maybe my interpretation of the swinging life is wrong but my understanding has been outlined and from my experiences this is what I have learned.

I do understand it, the thing is you said you had tried it but you haven't really. You would have to be part of a couple to be really trying it and if you were in a loving relationship with someone I think (and yes its only an opinion like everything on boards) it would be difficult and as the op said weird.

Depends
    AnonoBoy wrote: »

That's true. It is a lifestyle - a lifestyle that involves poor interior design with brown wallpaper featuring prominently, bad music choices and terrible haircuts.

obviously havent been to any swingers parties. :rolleyes: .... will invite ya along to prove it (if you want) ....ps. even if you goto a swingers party you dont have to participate and can leave at any time.

Depends
    Murphyt wrote: »
    I do understand it, the thing is you said you had tried it but you haven't really. You would have to be part of a couple to be really trying it and if you were in a loving relationship with someone I think (and yes its only an opinion like everything on boards) it would be difficult and as the op said weird.

I havent experienced the swinging with a loved one ...true ...but how do I know that the "swingers" actually involve loved ones, they could be long term or even short term partners...they might only be fúckbuddies...I dont know.

as I said earlier.... I dont know if I would do it while in a relationship - it would depend on what my OH would want - she might not like the thought of it....then again she might be all up for it (and I might not) ...pardon the pun...different strokes for different folks.

No
    obviously havent been to any swingers parties. :rolleyes: .... will invite ya along to prove it (if you want) ....ps. even if you goto a swingers party you dont have to participate and can leave at any time.

eh...... no thanks Corkbah. I have no desire to watch your sweaty ball sack slapping against the ass of some rotund lady while her bulging, sweaty husband looks on, his lad in his hand, gleefully beating away like a ye olde maid at a milk churn.

But thanks for the invite. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

No
    do you know any that you can base this opinion on ? ....lol

I could take offence but I'm not sure I'm a swinger ...lol.... I have participated but not on a regular basis..... would you call someone who cycles to work once or twice a month a cyclist...dont think so.
    Come on Corkbah, there's no argument here. 90% of swingers are unattractive. It's just the way it is. It's the same with GAA. Of course there a few good looking chicks who play the game but 90% of them are about as attractive as a broken down Massey Ferguson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Pighead wrote: »
    “We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.” Paulo Cuelo

With all due respect, using most un-boards like language, fuck you, Paulo Cuelo, fuck you.

My hat is off to you Pighead, Coelho is a cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

swinging is NOT just swapping a partner....it is a lifestyle, a way of life....swingers are sometimes involved in 3somes, 4somes, orgies, watching their partner having sex with a stranger, even dogging can come under the swinging umbrella.

Swinging always struck me as a bit of sad bastard activity if i am honest.

• Advertisement

Depends
    Pighead wrote: »
    Come on Corkbah, there's no argument here. 90% of swingers are unattractive. It's just the way it is. It's the same with GAA. Of course there a few good looking chicks who play the game but 90% of them are about as attractive as a broken down Massey Ferguson.
    the invite goes out to you too pighead !!! (and maybe Mrs Pighead)

to prove that the figure is very different .....lol..... hope I'm in the 10% - assuming I qualify as a swinger..lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

No
    I think it's really weird and don't get it at all, but if a referendum were announced to take the right to swing out of the constitution* I'd vote against it, sure it doesn't affect me.

*It's in there, I swear, you just have to read between the lines

Depends
    Dragan wrote: »

entirely your opinion and you are entitled to think that way...... dont think the wimmens would like to be called a bastard....lol.... so lets just say you think its a "sad activity" or "sad person activity"shall we ?

No
    the invite goes out to you too pighead !!! (and maybe Mrs Pighead)

to prove that the figure is very different .....lol..... hope I'm in the 10% - assuming I qualify as a swinger..lol
    No offense Corkbah but Pighead has absolutely no desire to see your bits and pieces. You're probably a lovely fella but seeing your squashed up sex face is not something that appeals very much. The fact that there would be some women in the room as well matters not a jot. You may as well be inviting Pighead around to watch you have a bath. Never gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Dragan wrote: »

Even sadder (and funnier) are the cucks (or cuckolds) who get off from watching their wives spurn them for more dominant (and usually black for some reason) men.
    It's even better for them if the wife gets knocked up by her new lover or lovers.

Needless to say there is a website (well probably several) devoted to their exploits. Good for a laugh although I think 90% of it is fantasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Depends
    Because they don't subscribe to your values with regards to marital relationships they are weirdos? I wonder what the marriage success ratio is compared to "devoted" couples. I have a gut feeling the swinging couples have a better chance of a lasting marriage. I bet there are lots of couples out there inhibited in exploring their relationship for fear of you narrow minded types condemning them. Personally, I wouldn't be into it. I don't like the thought of my Mrs. getting screwed by another man. But who am I to look down at people who are doing something that they enjoy which isn't hurting anyone else.

I find Pighead's speaking in the 3rd person, trying to be all individual, more revolting to be honest :pac:.

• Advertisement

Depends
    magma69 wrote: »

I find Pighead's speaking in the 3rd person, trying to be all individual, more revolting to be honest :pac:.

to be fair Pighead ALWAYS posts in the 3rd person.

No
    to be fair Pighead ALWAYS posts in the 3rd person.

Only in After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭callig

No
    I voted yes but i actually think no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Smallbit

From a female perspective, all this talk of alpha and beta males is very interesting. And yes the only boyfriend that ever expressed an interest in seeing me with another guy was very much a beta male. In fact he had such low self esteem, that I just couldn't make it work with him.

But... I do think the alpha male's main problem with seeing his g/f with another guy would be the risk of seeing the other guy making a better job of the task than himself :-D

No
    Smallbit wrote: »
    But... I do think the alpha male's main problem with seeing his g/f with another guy would be the risk of seeing the other guy making a better job of the task than himself :-D
    Pighead doesn't like what you're implying there smallbit. Nah, it's very simple. Again going back to the underpants analogy. If another man wore Pighead's Button Moon underpants there would be hell to pay and there would be a lot of anger.

Why would Pighead be angry? Not because he thought yer man looked better in the underpants. No, nothing to do with that. He'd be angry because they were his fcuking underpants. get your own underpants. They are plentiful and there is absolutely no need to use anyone elses. Underpants should only ever have one owner. Simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

So you own your gf or at least her womanly bits?

So how many swingers have you meet, what is the number behing that 90%?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Smallbit

But what if the underpants were sentient? and refused to be owned, and expressed a strong interest in being worn by (for example) George Clooney, or Michael Madsen... both of whom would look lovely in 'your' button moon underpants...

Just playing devils advocate here of course, but like the song goes, you don't own it til you put a ring on it!!*

*can't believe I let down the sisterhood with that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Other people's sex lives are none of my business, and mine is none of theirs. I wouldn't be into swinging but if you're consenting adults, work away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

No
    These are the only 'swingers' that should be out there, anything else is absurd.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Depends
    Have to say - I see nout wrong with it. It's not for me as I am sure like alot of folk I cannot detach love from lust, however I am sure there are alot of folk out there that can and I'm thinking most of the couples who swing may still be nuts about each other but no longer fancy each other.

Isn't it better they screw other people than break up a relationship just coz the fizz is gone out of their s*x lives ?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

No
    These put the Gerrrrrrrr in swinger baby

After seeing this i think i'd defo be turned off swingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Guys this is a Sex & Sexuality thread, get your final thoughts in now.

Thread closes at 4pm.

No
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    So you own your gf or at least her womanly bits?
    Pighead's no caveman Thaedydal. To say he owns his girlfriend and her womanly bits is a tad misleading. Truth is Pighead owns his girlfriend and we part owns her womanly bits. It's only fair she retains a share of them as well. It is the 21st century after all.
    Thaedydal wrote:
    So how many swingers have you meet, what is the number behing that 90%?
    Pighead has met a vast amount of swingers Thaedydal. A vast vast amount. A very big number. The sort of number that would make you go "Oooooh that's a big number" if Pighead were to tell you. Lets not get bogged down with exact figures and exact percentages here. The bottom line is that exactly 90% of swingers are not attractive.
    Smallbit wrote: »
    But what if the underpants were sentient? and refused to be owned, and expressed a strong interest in being worn by (for example) George Clooney, or Michael Madsen... both of whom would look lovely in 'your' button moon underpants...

Just playing devils advocate here of course, but like the song goes, you don't own it til you put a ring on it!!*

*can't believe I let down the sisterhood with that one
    Pighead sees what you are saying but he wouldn't ever buy a pair of underpants which had it's own consciousness and ability to think for itself. All Pighead wants in a pair of pants is a bit of comfort, longevity and the ability to keep his todger and ballbag area warm and safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I can see the appeal and how it could make a couples relationship last longer than it would if their own sex life were dwindling, but surely it would be better to let the relationship die on it's own, then go have your rocks off with someone else.

But I would only do it if we swapped with a couple like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 TamNaz

Grossest thing I came across was when I worked for an independent contractor who was doing some work on a Naval base. Set up an office outside of it with lots of computer equipment and not much to do for three weeks or so until the contract got rolling. So one day, he pulled out some business cards, stacks of crap he had picked up and plops it on my desk and asks me to input everything into a file. Sure, no problem, busywork...and then there was this folded up slip of paper tucked into it so I opened it.

It was some kind of swingers wish list, but official like, all typed up questions and answers, where him and his wife (and yes, overweight, middle aged ickos) had written the kinds of things they were looking for. It was digusting and then I had to work with them both afterwards and all I could think was...

Did he put it in there on purpose?

bleh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

TheZohan wrote: »
    Guys this is a Sex & Sexuality thread, get your final thoughts in now.

Thread closes at 4pm.

Done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement