Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a new 1.6 boards or a repair

Options
  • 08-05-2007 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

abyone know where i can get either? i had the xbox modded working with the xapter but cuyriosity got the better of me as a tried to soldeer it in to see could i , idiotic i know but i hadsoldered usb and a dvd dongle into the xbox so i was curious, now i think i killed somthing around the lpc and thats how it looks.
    also the iron slipped once or twice but i check and i didnt brak any traces that i can see,so erm my xbox is useless now
    im absolutely gutted over this

also will ineed the same boards to unlock the drive or can i use any, im very depressed about this now :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 simplesean

so what exactly is your xbox doin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

1.6s are right cants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

its a 1.6a and its fragging

theres a bit of damage i did around the lpc so im guessing i broke a trace or somthing silly.

but my real concern is if my 320GB drive is unlockable or not

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

With a mod chip it wouldn't matter if it can lock or not. Softmods need a locked drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

weeder wrote:
    its a 1.6a and its fragging

theres a bit of damage i did around the lpc so im guessing i broke a trace or somthing silly.

but my real concern is if my 320GB drive is unlockable or not

Similar thing happened me....managed to unlock the drive using this:

http://www.hddunlock.com/

had to pay $10 i think (there may be a "free" way around this by now!) but it worked a treat...saved the drive and bought a 2nd hand xbox for 50 yoyos...expensive mistake but it could be worse!!!

• Advertisement

ah yeah i used that for 2 euro on the stock drive, ittl be 24 dollars for my 320GB drive but its great software,i had the dvd dongled soldered and mounted internal and i had usb ports so id like to just get a new mobo is possible

well i sent it off to a lad in waterford who was part of the xbox linux project who informed me my board was dead forever so i got a broken 1.3 xbox from adverts( thanks to ongarite and v10) and did the wire install and believe me i felt such a surge of joy when i seen the flashbios screen appearing on my tv!

Advertisement