Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody use PS2 with HDAdvance or HD Loader?

Options
  • 19-04-2007 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a PS2 and to use either of these things to load the games and save time through loading and swapping discs. I'd like to be able to load the HD program from a memory card since that's apparently possible. Can anybody please offer any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

story,
    I have had a dms3 chip in my ps2 for ages, and recently the laser began to die. so i bought a 250gb hard drive and hooked it all up.
    currently i am using a memory card expoit to run a program called ulaunch off of my memory card , which inturn loads hdloader off my hard drive.
    www.sksapps.com is a very handy site for getting all the info you need.

Hdadvance is a cd you can by off the internet that will let you run/save games from/to your hard drive, you dont need a modchip for this.

With hdloader you need a mod chip ... i think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I have a debug PS2 old model so I have no need for a modchip but I do have a network adapter and a HDD installed. I have HDAdvanced V3 and its great! not all games will work once ripped. My GAA wont run off the HDD at all. Some other games are wierd and yea gotta do a PC rip then upload it to the PS2. Very slow btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Thanks. I don't want to have to search for a modified PS2 but apparently you can get the files onto the memory card using Action Replay and a USB drive so that will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/faq.php?faq=noobfaq#faq_exploit001

has all the information you need about installing the exploit.

I think it can only be installed on the old non-slim PS2s, you need a network adapter for it, a PS1 game and each method of installing the exploit needs some other things listed on the page I linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

you can buy hdadvance and usbxtreme for slim consoles ive got them and run them on an unmodded ps2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

weeder wrote:
    you can buy hdadvance and usbxtreme for slim consoles ive got them and run them on an unmodded ps2

You can't run the memory card exploit on a slim console, which the original post was asking about.

Hdadvance will only work if somebody installs a harddrive onto a slim ps2 which is much more difficult then on a old style one, it only works on certain slim ps2s (v12 and v13) plus you won't be able to use the newest Hdloaders (Hdadvance is just a rip off of hdloader) on a slim ps2 without a modchip. Usbxtreme has much worse compatibility and is slower but will work on any version of ps2.

The CheatDeviceFilesPAL.rar file link in that http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/faq.php?faq=noobfaq#faq_exploit001 page is dead. Does anybody have those files still?

Got this working. Thanks. It's mega, skill and brill.

SKS Apps really does have everything you need.

Advertisement