Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those "not available in any shops" music compilations

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Thanks for that BlaasForRafa.

My mother has a couple of those sets - the James Last one and the Festival of Light Classics. I have never seen the order form or other inserts - they're fascinating. Good value for the time. Love the "Send No Money Now" tagline.

Speaking of Hansi, here's my James Last shelf.

419330_10151389161595089_1293548256_n.jpg?oh=809b0019a9e231bf658372b0ffd5547c&oe=55694C92&__gda__=1428361373_0f314aa1651f1d6faf2b6f9900f9706c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

Do you have a similar collection of Bert Kaempfert?;)

cml387 wrote: »
    Do you have a similar collection of Bert Kaempfert?;)

Just these

Kaempfert, Bert And His Orchestra 6 Plus 6 LP
    Kaempfert, Bert And His Orchestra A Man Could Get Killed OST LP
    Kaempfert, Bert And His Orchestra Bert Kaempfert Now! LP
    Kaempfert, Bert And His Orchestra That Latin Feeling LP
    Kaempfert, Bert And His Orchestra Tropical Sunrise LP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭George White

These guys were not third rate session musicians.

Trevor Horn cut his teeth on this

And Elton John.
    Here's his cover with Clare Torry (who did the wailing bits in Pink Floyd's Great Gig in the Sky and the theme to BBC sitcom Butterflies)of Young, Gifted and Black
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tmKSg5g8S0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Enjoy Heroin Responsibly

chopper6 wrote: »
    When i worked in Dunnes Stores they had one of these compilations playing relentlessly over the tannoy.

Excruciating cover versions played by somebody on a Hammond Organ that after being played on a loop for six hours became almost a reason alone to want to quit.

To this day i can remember the horrific rendition of Culture Club.."do you really want to hurt meeee" followed by "dum dum dum dum" on the organ...it makes my stomach lurch.

To get the full effect record on a cheap C120 cassette tape and play on constant loop/autoreverse for at least five years

Advertisement