Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online LLB

Options
  • 21-01-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of studying an LLB online with CG?
    To my knowledge it is the only college which offers this.

All feedback greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 awathlone

rory16 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of studying an LLB online with CG?
    To my knowledge it is the only college which offers this.

All feedback greatly appreciated!!

I'm a 1st year student on the Griffith College Online LLB course, so far I'm really enjoying it, the lecturers are excellent and are very helpful, the lectures and done by podcasts and supplemented by notes that are loaded onto moodle, in addition there are online discussion forums and live webinars every month so there are plenty of resources available if your having any difficulties.

Even though its an online course we have a study group set up and we meet up once a month, so there is student to student interaction as well.

In my opinion law is very easily adaptable to online learning but you need to have a routine in place, for me it works well as I do a lot of driving and i listen to the lectures every day and read the notes on my ipad, there are weekly activities for every subject and its important to keep up to date with these.

the course is split 50% of your final mark is for assignments and 50% on the written exams in May, in first year there are the core subjects and in 2nd and 3rd year there are interesting elective subjects you can choose.

Overall I'm glad I did the course, only for its offered online there is no way I could have committed to a class room based course with work and family commitments, there is way more flexibility studying online and I can work study round my lifestyle.

If you have any queries please feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rory16

Thanks for the feedback.. I like the sound of 50% assessment. Would an LLB from here look as strong on a CV as one from one of the national Universities for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Thanks for the feedback.. I like the sound of 50% assessment. Would an LLB from here look as strong on a CV as one from one of the national Universities for example?

People generally get offers of LLM places at Trinity with firsts from GCD.

I believe that the course work element decreaes to 30% by year 3 but I'm open to correction.

Consider carefully what you want to do, Law is great fun, leads on to the BL course at the Kings Inn but thats about it. You can do an LLM but that's about as much practical use as an LLB, ie not much!

FE1s (solicitor route) can be done without a law degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 awathlone

worth the same as any other LLB, Griffith College has a good reputation for law courses, I'm glad i did the online LLB, really suits my lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Hi,

Is the cost around 5k a year ? any grant or help out there ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement