Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April wedding - pre marriage course

Options
  • 25-01-2015 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Folks, getting married in April, all a bit last minute but got a good deal so said why not! Just wondering if you can do the pre marriage course in any county or do you need to do it in county you live in? Just worried that if they don't have any available space in our county what we can do??😳😳also is there other companies other then Accord who do them? CheersðŸ‘

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Any county! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Anywhere in Ireland!

There are plenty of others who run the courses, but make sure they are accepted in your Diocese (for example, Avalon DVD course not accepted in Dublin.)

Avalon
    All Hallows Dublin
    Accord
    together.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭cottager83

Thanks for the replies folks! I notice you have to give 3 months notice to a registrar before you get married , our date is less then 3 months now , can they stop you from getting married???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

cottager83 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies folks! I notice you have to give 3 months notice to a registrar before you get married , our date is less then 3 months now , can they stop you from getting married???

No but it wont count legally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

This happened my cousin. Can't give you exact details but I think if you can do it through the courts and actually don't end up forking over the €150/200 that the births, deaths etc... office charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Are you getting married in a church or in a registry office?
    If you're getting married in a church ask the priest who's marrying you which courses they will accept & if there's any he recommends. If you're not getting married in a church you don't need a pre-marriage course.

Either way, you need to give three months notice. If you haven't done this already then you need to get a court exemption order, for which in theory you need good reasons. In practice they always seem to grant them. Details here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/getting_married/notification_requirements_for_marriage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

This happened my friend, she never registered her intent to marry, they went to court and got it sorted, and didn't have to pay the €200 fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You can get an exemption from having to give the notice. You have to go to court and go before a judge with your reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

We registered our intend to marry last week. Church wedding in June.
    We were given a marriage registration form that we need to bring on the day or the marriage cannot go ahead we were told.

Advertisement