Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just how many world titles between 9 stone and 10 stone 6 pounds today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭megadodge

10st 6 is inside the welter limit, which is 10st 7, so light-middle shouldn't be included.

On topic (which I assume is to show how great Henry Armstrong is), I have to say, without denigrating the great man, but Henry Armstrong was the most disappointing fighter I ever saw (in comparison to the writeups) when I first started watching the old-timers. He was remarkable strong, had an excellent punch, chin and stamina, but was very predictable and his offense was just left hook, right hook, left hook, right hook, etc. They weren't thrown in combination either, just very straight forward and one-dimensional.

I believe his achievement of holding all three titles at once is one of the truly great boxing achievements, but I certainly wouldn't have him in my top P4P top 10 (where a lot of boxing fans have him).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

9 stone is Featherweight up to 10-6 is inside the Light Middleweight limit.

So 4 titles in each weight class

Featherweight - 4

Super Featherweight - 4

Lightweight - 4

Light Welterweight - 4

Welterweight - 4

Light Middleweight - 4

Total = 20 World titles

meaning in todays rankings armstrong could have held 20 world titles at least

Advertisement