Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Xbox Dvd Drive

Options
  • 21-01-2015 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

ITEM: (Wanted) Working DVD Drive from an Original Xbox
    POST\COLLECTION: Can meet if Dublin
    PRICE: N/A
    PAYMENT METHODS: Paypal/Cash

Hey folks, as per title I'm looking for a working dvd drive from an original Xbox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

have a few here will give one no charge once you collect what one are you looking for?

p.s if you do want it you can bring out your messed up softmod i can try do something with that, same no charge i do enjoy the challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

smliv wrote: »
    have a few here will give one no charge once you collect what one are you looking for?

p.s if you do want it you can bring out your messed up softmod i can try do something with that, same no charge i do enjoy the challenge

Really? Ah that's great many thanks. I'll pm you now for location etc.

Regards my messed up softmod, I've actually sorted it now. I bought an eeprom reader, read the eeprom, put in a new hdd, formatted it & locked it using linux tools & voila :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

I can throw you a full system if you need it, I bent one of the pins that the drive goes into, but thats on the mobo itself.
    The drive end is fine.

airmax87 wrote: »
    I can throw you a full system if you need it, I bent one of the pins that the drive goes into, but thats on the mobo itself.
    The drive end is fine.

Oh really? That'd be great dude, many thanks! Are you in Celbridge though? Do you ever be nearer the Palmerstown/Ballyfermot end of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Myrddin wrote: »
    Oh really? That'd be great dude, many thanks! Are you in Celbridge though? Do you ever be nearer the Palmerstown/Ballyfermot end of things?
    Nah not really but if you can collect it it's yours for free.

• Advertisement

Just bumping this to keep it alive, I can't seem to contact smliv so still need a drive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Myrddin wrote: »
    Just bumping this to keep it alive, I can't seem to contact smliv so still need a drive

I'm sure I have one spare at home

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I'm sure I have one spare at home

Great, sure let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

i have a us xbox you can have it,if its any use

i have a us xbox you can have it,if its any use

That'd be great Mitch yeah definitely, will fire you off a pm to sort out collection etc. I presume the drive from this won't work in a PAL console, so still need a PAL drive folks :)

• Advertisement

I got in touch with smliv, & he very kindly sorted me out with a drive. My Xbox is up & running like new, many thanks. Also thanks to Mitch for the US Xbox, another kind gesture. Cheers all. Lock 'er up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement