Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

volenteer work in limerick

Options
  • 15-01-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

are there any places in limerick that could use volenteers for a few hrs in the evenings during the week, its something that I wouldn't mind doing as I have time to kill in the evenings

spent a while in dublin and the NRH in dun laoghaoire used to have volenteers in helping one evening during the week

do the special olympics people in limerick take volenteers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,145 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you have transport out to their sanctuary then Limerick Animal Welfare are always looking for volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

thanks but would prefer to work with humans TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

Limerick Samaritans are having an Open Night for new Volunteers on Monday next 19th January in their offices at 20 Barrington Street at 7.30pm. A brief presentation on what would be involved followed by Q & A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭georgem25

aidanki wrote: »
    are there any places in limerick that could use volenteers for a few hrs in the evenings during the week, its something that I wouldn't mind doing as I have time to kill in the evenings

spent a while in dublin and the NRH in dun laoghaoire used to have volenteers in helping one evening during the week

do the special olympics people in limerick take volenteers

Yes Special Olympics do need volunteers. Check out this page

http://specialolympics.ie/GETINVOLVED/MUNSTER/VOLUNTEEROPPORTUNITIES.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

aidanki wrote: »
    are there any places in limerick that could use volunteers for a few hrs in the evenings during the week, its something that I wouldn't mind doing as I have time to kill in the evenings

do the special olympics people in limerick take volunteers

Have you checked with the Limerick Gateway to Education?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 millies23

A friend of mine helps out with seving food to the homeless people. I think its 7pm outside the big church on O Connell St. They are often short of volunteers I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 millies23

A friend of mine helps out with serving food to the homeless people. I think its 7pm outside the big church on O Connell St. They are often short of volunteers I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Did you get involved with anything aidanki?

Advertisement