Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Angry Birds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

THAT'S what all this "angry birds" hype is about? :rolleyes:

this was done TWENTY YEARS ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

its alot older than 20 years, took a while to evolve :(

tumblr_lc76riBECp1qf2p8io1_400.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,155 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Didn't know this was on chrome. Just got an android phone. Bloody addicting game. Nice one OP!

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Damn! Flash-based so no worky on iPhone :P

Thought for a sec that it was HTML5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

xsiborg wrote: »
    THAT'S what all this "angry birds" hype is about? :rolleyes:

this was done TWENTY YEARS ago!!!

Might be comparable if there was gravity and things bounced and you could knock the platforms off and bits broke and TNT exploded throwing debris and the characters tried to rebalance themselves when they got hit and.....

Forerunner, maybe, but only in the way that a horse & cart was to a modern luxury 4x4

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

angry birds is just a cheap knock off of several hundred free flash games that do the same thing

although now angry birds is a free flash game so.. ... yay?

Oh! QBASIC Gorillas. That was such an awesome game. I remember changing the ferocity of the bananas, so that they became nuclear bombs effectively, destroying many buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

when i click on the wrench icon where is it in the drop down i cant find it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

hooked on this on the iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Randomer.

It's probably just me but whenever I fire that red angy bird it always sounds like a skanger going "aaaaaawhhhh here" in a high pitched dub accent. Makes me smile :P

angry birds is just a cheap knock off of several hundred free flash games that do the same thing

although now angry birds is a free flash game so.. ... yay?

I wouldn't say 'cheap' knock off, but I wouldn't call it a 100% original game either. Its well presented and most of all, works brilliantly on a touch screen smart phone. Perfect quick yet satisfying gameplay with no messy controls.

That and the nearly endless amount of levels is why its so popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,051 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It might have an endless number of levels, but I can't get past 15!

Advertisement