Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€115.9 for petrol

Options
  • 13-10-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Texaco Ballygall Road Glasnevin 115.9 for petrol

Lowest iv seen in a while...............

Budget tomorrow tho............. Good while it lasted !! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Petrol 114.8 & 114.9/l in Urlingford and Johnstown yesterday, its still 20-30c/l overpriced in my opinion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

113.8 according to here in some place:

http://www.pumps.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

bogman wrote: »
    Petrol 114.8 & 114.9/l in Urlingford and Johnstown yesterday, its still 20-30c/l overpriced in my opinion

I'm sorry but I just have to laugh.

Where on earth do you come up with such conclusions?

I presume you are under the impression that the fuel companies are making 30c a litre?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

112.1 in carlow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

homer90 wrote: »

gah when did those prices do that? I drop my sprog to school beside there every morning and it's usually the more expensive of the garages for petrol in the area :mad:

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    gah when did those prices do that? I drop my sprog to school beside there every morning and it's usually the more expensive of the garages for petrol in the area :mad:

ah the good old Sacred Heart, ah happy times rampaging the halls there as a nipper....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Jaysus this is weird! I live across the road from the Ballygal Texaco. Cheapest I've seen is on the Malahide road just past woodies/halfords/lidl - 113.9

digitaldr wrote: »
    Jaysus this is weird! I live across the road from the Ballygal Texaco. Cheapest I've seen is on the Malahide road just past woodies/halfords/lidl - 113.9

shame on you, living in an old folks home !!!

:p

yeah BOOOOO old people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Hammertime wrote: »

+1

Why in your "opinion" should it be 20 - 30c a litre cheaper? Sure we would all like that, but opinions on commodity prices doesnt drive capitalism does it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

€1.22/€1.23 per litre for the 2 petrol stations in wicklow town..
    Topaz & Esso.
    however I think its €1.17 a litre in nearby Rathnew.

Strange how the stations in wicklow town never seem willing to compete with each other??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Got petrol for 113.9 over the weekend. Wont see that price again i say with the budget.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Hammertime wrote: »

I presume you are under the impression that the fuel companies are making 30c a litre?

How much are you making so?

And what were you making when Oil was $70 a barrel dearer (just a shy under twice) than it is now, and petrol was only 15c/litre dearer ?

testicle wrote: »
    How much are you making so?

And what were you making when Oil was $70 a barrel dearer (just a shy under twice) than it is now, and petrol was only 15c/litre dearer ?

I make between 1.3c and 2.5c a liter.

Normally towards the lower end of this range, over the year of 2007 I made 1.46c per litre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

at the current oil prices, even considering the increased cost of transport (ironically because of the higher prices previously) the price of a litre of petrol should be around 81-83 c and diesel should be around 77-80 c a litre. Nobody blames the forcourt owners, its the greed of the suppliers to hold onto the higher prices for as long as possible to maximise revenue.

Sheer greed. That's all it is. And if the budget includes increased duty on fuel, I'm going to be emigrating to somewhere where cars are still appreciated. Maybe Australia or something. :cool:

Joker wrote: »
    at the current oil prices, even considering the increased cost of transport (ironically because of the higher prices previously) the price of a litre of petrol should be around 81-83 c and diesel should be around 77-80 c a litre. Nobody blames the forcourt owners, its the greed of the suppliers to hold onto the higher prices for as long as possible to maximise revenue.

Sheer greed. That's all it is. And if the budget includes increased duty on fuel, I'm going to be emigrating to somewhere where cars are still appreciated. Maybe Australia or something. :cool:

joker come on mate, 80c a liter?

The government take close to 70% of it in duties and excise etc so that leaves about 25 cents to cover the fuel being taken out of the ground in the middle east, barrelled, transported to the docks, put on a boat and brough away to be refined, re-barrelled put on another boat and shipped to its destination on the other side of the world, offloaded by a wholesaler in Dublin port, distributed by the fuel company in a tanker to its destination, offloaded, a 4 million petrol station being built to house and sell it, and then sold at to the end user from (6am until 10pm at least). All with huge costs for insurance, H&S etc etc

Yout hink all this can be done for 25 cents a liter and there stil be some profit for the producer, refiner, shipping company, wholesaler, fuel company and forecourt retailer ?

seriosuly how do you come to that amount?

And then you buy a bottle of water for your lunchbreak that costs €1.70 a liter and is from Tipperary and only have vat of 21% attached to it, but no one ever sees the irony of it all

I don't get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

You've obviously never seen how cheap labour/transport/fuel are in the middle east. Petrol was still 14c a litre in Doha last time I was there in early 2008.

Not to mention economy of scale.

When oil was $80 a barrell, that was the price we paid. Duty or VAT has not changed, and production has increased massively, and yet demand has fallen to pre $80pb levels.

an extra 8 cent a litre in the budget BOOOOOOO :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

miju wrote: »
    an extra 8 cent a litre in the budget BOOOOOOO :(

and for the last 2 days petrol prices were only 115.9 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    and for the last 2 days petrol prices were only 115.9 :(
    123.9 now Ha Ha :D Its good to see petrol prices leveling off with diesel again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I posted yesterday in a separate (now locked thread) that i seen petrol in Newbridge, Kildare for 116.9. It was the same this morning when i filled up. It had gone up to 120.9 on way home. God knows what it'll be tomorrow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Joker wrote: »
    You've obviously never seen how cheap labour/transport/fuel are in the middle east. Petrol was still 14c a litre in Doha last time I was there in early 2008.

Not to mention economy of scale.

When oil was $80 a barrell, that was the price we paid. Duty or VAT has not changed, and production has increased massively, and yet demand has fallen to pre $80pb levels.

Government subserdised!

Petrol used to be free in Iraq before '91. *

By the way, what business are you in Joker?

* May not be entierly true.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

123.9 now Ha Ha :D Its good to see petrol prices leveling off with diesel again.

I got Diesel for 120.9 today so tomorow Petrol will be dearer again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

homer90 wrote: »

Post Budget...................

Petrol €125.9
    Diesel €123.9

Advertisement