Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull + Phil Brown

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im delighted with Hull this season, i remember seeing a piece about them on Football Focus a few years ago(i think they were in Div 2) and have followed their results since then(Same as Livingston in Scotland). They've had a lot of ups and downs since but im really enjoying seeing them performing like this. As the OP said, its great for Phil Brown because he does seem like a genuine and honest man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Phil Brown reminds me of Hugh Laurie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

He's a good manager, but he should change his name from Phil Brown to Phil Faketan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

mike65 wrote: »
    Indeed, spill Charlie. Spill.

Mike

He's had it in for Newcastle fans, being a Mackem, and hasn't had the best things to say about us ever since we failed to worship his good friend Sam Allardyce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

just reading about hull there, the largest ethnic group consists of the 749 chinese people in the city.

"The Chinese - a great bunch of lads"

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    "The Chinese - a great bunch of lads"

Here here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

that episode was on tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Was it? Quality!

Image1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He's had it in for Newcastle fans, being a Mackem, and hasn't had the best things to say about us ever since we failed to worship his good friend Sam Allardyce.

Bitter, no-one likes a bitter.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,554 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

What do you want him to say about ye?

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »

What I relaly like is that Phil Brown seems like such a bloody nice guy, down-to-earth manager just putting in the work and seeing the rewards. Great to see.

+1

Delighted for them. Did you all hear he grew that Goatie for charity before shaving it? Which other manager in the PL could you see doing that?

Wouldn't see Fergie doing it, that's for damn sure :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

mike65 wrote: »
    Hull are the new Wigan 2005/06 and like Wigwam I bet thier points return will hit the buffers mid season but already having done enough to avoid the drop.

Mike

Yea and a bit like Reading in 2006/2007 - There is usually one promoted team that manages a good early run to stay up, but it's usually not the play-off winner.

I remember Hull being is real trouble back about 7 or 8 years ago, owner locking the gates of the old ground etc.

But like Wigan, Rugby League seems to have come to the rescue

+1
    Wouldn't see Fergie doing it, that's for damn sure :p

What Charity is this fella attached to?

rafa_benitez.jpg

Boggles wrote: »
    What do you want him to say about ye?

That we've all got lovely big cocks, and are a sound bunch of lads. What do you think??? I'm not saying that he should be licking our arses, but when he has a dig at us, do you expect us to be all over him like a bad rash like the rest of you seem to be?

That we've all got lovely big cocks, and are a sound bunch of lads. What do you think??? I'm not saying that he should be licking our arses, but when he has a dig at us, do you expect us to be all over him like a bad rash like the rest of you seem to be?

I couldn't give a shíte what he said about Newcastle United Football Club, and don't think many more on here do either.

People are discussing him because he has Hull 4th in the toughest league in the world, not what he might have said about The 3 ring circus you support, get over it or you will end up bitter and twisted.

What Charity is this fella attached to?

rafa_benitez.jpg

:p

Real Madrid apparently....we did sign fecking Nunez from there!

I couldn't give a shíte what he said about Newcastle United Football Club, and don't think many more on here do either.

People are discussing him because he has Hull 4th in the toughest league in the world, not what he might have said about The 3 ring circus you support, get over it or you will end up bitter and twisted.

As I have already siad, props to Hull for playing so well. However, the thread is titled 'Hull+Phil Brown' I gave my opinion on both, and for the latter it was at the request of other posters.

I couldn't give a monkeys what you think about Newcastle or my views, but don't act the eThug and try call shotgun over what views people can and cannot express.

As I have already siad, props to Hull for playing so well. However, the thread is titled 'Hull+Phil Brown' I gave my opinion on both, and for the latter it was at the request of other posters.

I couldn't give a monkeys what you think about Newcastle or my views, but don't act the eThug and try call shotgun over what views people can and cannot express.

eThug? Good Lad. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Fair play to them for coming up and playing well.
    I'm sick of the likes of WBA and the likes coming up and going down every 2nd year.
    I'd like to see QPR come back up also and do well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Much prefer them to Stoke's neanderthal stuff. That 'football' went out of fashion with the Wooly Mammoth's decline.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Phil Brown reminds me of Hugh Laurie.

He reminds me of Eddie Izzard. A mate and I were just saying the other week how we looks like so many people you've seen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

Hull have been fantastic so far, great to see them in 3rd place, its a breath of fresh air, hope they are not gonna be the next reading though.

tbh in there current form i hope liverpool don't have to play them soon, i wanna play all teams when they are out of form :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Charlie, exactly wat did he say about the fans that pissed you off?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Charlie, exactly wat did he say about the fans that pissed you off?

Tbh;

can-of-worms.jpg

Best leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

They've done very well and a lot of teams have under-estimated them....

I'd like to see them stay up as they look like a great little side, but I fear that its gonna be a very long season for them to keep up the form they are currently experiencing.

First point of call for these 'new' teams to the premiership is to survive their first season. I'm sure if you gave that option to Phil Brown now he'd take it.

Great to see... Hope they do well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I saw them play against Blackburn , they looked really very good.

I have a soft spot for Hull , the first live game I ever want to was Chelsea V Hull back in the old 2nd Div. We ( Chelsea ) won 4 nil , and we got promoted , if you were wondering Ray Wilkins was playing for Chelsea then .....

Hull was always a Rugby League town really.

One final oddity..... Hull never had a BT telephone exchange , their local council ran the telephone system , this later became Kingston COmmunications. For this reason Hull always had the best telephone system in the UK. It's rather like Cork deciding to run thier own phones or something , a real oddity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I saw them play against Blackburn , they looked really very good.

I have a soft spot for Hull , the first live game I ever want to was Chelsea V Hull back in the old 2nd Div. We ( Chelsea ) won 4 nil , and we got promoted , if you were wondering Ray Wilkins was playing for Chelsea then .....

Hull was always a Rugby League town really.

One final oddity..... Hull never had a BT telephone exchange , their local council ran the telephone system , this later became Kingston COmmunications. For this reason Hull always had the best telephone system in the UK. It's rather like Cork deciding to run thier own phones or something , a real oddity.

Don't start giving the Cork langers any ideas. They already think they're the Basque separatists of Ireland as it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Credit where credit is due. Manager of the Month for September. Some going.

Advertisement