Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rubber faded around windows

• 28-07-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

well all the rubbers around my windows have faded grey!! back to black cant fix this! can anyone help me on wat product to get to fix this! its anoyin me! as rest of car is mint

Also heard black show polish could work but half afraid to chance it lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

There are a few life hack solutions that tend to last a week or two.
    There are a few options that would last a few weeks, up to a few months - Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel (weeks), Orchard Glitz (couple of weeks), Wolf's Blackout (up to 3 months if surface is well prepared)
    Or there are a few good options that give result for up to a year or more, but these are a bit pricey - gtechniq C4; tiny bottle, long lasting results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Anything that can be sourced local I'm after ? Taught wd40 done the job but woke up next morning back to square one ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel would probably be one of the best that is available off the shelf. Give the area a good scrub with APC first so you remove all the grease/back to black/WD40 on it already so it will bond better. Still probably looking at a couple of weeks before the fading returns.

If the rest of the car is mint and considering that the rubber around the windows is fiddly to do (easy to smear the glass or paint) I think you really should bite the bullet and get Gtechniq C4. Do it once, 18 months before it even starts to fades again. That isn't a job you really want to be doing every 2nd or 3rd week.

Yeah thanks lads read up the review on the c4 seems good , where can it be got ?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Cleancar have it: http://www.cleancar.ie/gtechniq-c4-permanent-trim-restorer-15ml.html

When I got it I used their own website: http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c4-permanent-trim-restorer/

Not sure which works out the best cost wise. Recommend you would look at both websites and see if you want to get anything else from either and order at the same time to justify the postage.

• Advertisement

Might be worth getting on to MetzgerMeister, a user here....he's probably near enough you and might be able to do the treatment for you for a few quid more than having to buy the bottle and doing it yourself! ;)

Il try find him. :) probably a long shot but heard peanut butter works well too !!!

Peanut butter is a very temporary fix! And do you want dogs up licking your car! :P

Curran wrote: »
    Peanut butter is a very temporary fix! And do you want dogs up licking your car! :P

Yeah something to do with oil in it haha ? , no jeez don't want dogs near it :);) shoe polish aswel but could look tacky :):)

Dont understand why anyone would use anything that is going to be temporary - sure it might be a cheap solution at the time, but it would be heart ache having to do it so often...surely the initial outlay would outweigh that!

• Advertisement

Curran wrote: »
    Dont understand why anyone would use anything that is going to be temporary - sure it might be a cheap solution at the time, but it would be heart ache having to do it so often...surely the initial outlay would outweigh that!

And what's in the g4 that lasts so long ? Just have to do the window rubbers , roof rubbers and the wiper area :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

C4 is good stuff but can it be used on rubber?
    I was using AG rubber n vinyl care (just got a bottle of 303 protectant too) for rubber n vinyl but C4 on plastics.

Advertisement