Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Football Tuesday 7th

• 06-10-2008 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭

EL Rovers v Bray Wanderers - Tolka Park 8.00
    D1 Athlone v Sporting Fingal - L''woolen 7:45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sligo vs Bray, meh.

Gwan Athlone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Des wrote: »
    Sligo vs Bray, meh.

Drop along with us tonight, Des. You can't knock a bit of premier league football in Tolka.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Des wrote: »
    Sligo vs Bray, meh.

wha!

I'll be there tonight with a few sham mates of mine.

Trilla wrote: »
    wha!

Think he's taking the mick. :D

stovelid wrote: »
    Think he's taking the mick. :D

Thought as much but I said I'd pull him up on it, his post count is a bit low...give him somethin to reply with, eh Des?

Should I bring my bohs jersey tonight lads???

• Advertisement

Should I bring my bohs jersey tonight lads???

So long as you pay in, you can come in the nip, mate. :p

Think i'll leave it at home.... goin straight from work anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Athlone Franchise is off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Omens looking good for Shels at the minute, Dundalk play Youths who got their game off last night, and Waterford play Fingal, who now don't have a midweek game either.

Looking good:D

Went to the Shams game

Thank God for that second half. Was great to see the Carlow man (me originally being from the area) netting a brace. He looks a decent player, hopefully he'll come on. My mate looks after his little brothers U11 team and says he's decent player.

Fair play to bray, some abuse Scully got...nothing compared to when "judas" came on.

A game of two halfs, Rovers are terrible at the back tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Went to the Shams game

Thank God for that second half. Was great to see the Carlow man (me originally being from the area) netting a brace. He looks a decent player, hopefully he'll come on. My mate looks after his little brothers U11 team and says he's decent player.

Fair play to bray, some abuse Scully got...nothing compared to when "judas" came on.

A game of two halfs, Rovers are terrible at the back tbh

We should not be losing in Cobh and being held by Bray. Our best players are not on the pitch and Scully is hearing what the fans think. We don't appear to have the ability to hold a lead against inferior teams.

Ratboy got away lightly IMO - at home have to watch the fines.

• Advertisement

We should not be losing in Cobh and being held by Bray. Our best players are not on the pitch and Scully is hearing what the fans think. We don't appear to have the ability to hold a lead against inferior teams.

Ratboy got away lightly IMO - at home have to watch the fines.

Whats the situation with Rice anyway? He do a weewee in Scullys allbran?

Whats the situation with Rice anyway? He do a weewee in Scullys allbran?

He is off the transfer list and fully integrated back into the squad. I heard he was rested for the Cobh game on the basis we would need him for the more difficult games coming up. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

What about the Bohs game?

bohsman wrote: »
    What about the Bohs game?

Huh? Which one, the Rovers or the Bray game?

Still talking about Rice, he didnt play much of a part in the bohs game either.

bohsman wrote: »
    Still talking about Rice, he didnt play much of a part in the bohs game either.

he played 80 something minutes..... :confused:

http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/100/111/10249/1/

He came on as a sub. Didnt think it was after the red card or the earlier injury either but I was more wondering why he didnt start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

That was an important point for Bray I think.

Rice had a row with Scully before and since then he has been in and out of the team.

"your f**kin useless.... and your birds a cracker" lol @ Gerard Rowe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Gareth37 wrote: »
    That was an important point for Bray I think.

Rice had a row with Scully before and since then he has been in and out of the team.

By some accounts he won't be back this season, off the transfer list and as far as anyone knows, not injured.

Serious long term on the pitch problems look like they're converging.

• Advertisement

http://wheresmejumpa.com/2008/10/my-name-is-gary-and-ive-never-been-to-an-eircom-league-game/
    Last night I went to my first ever Eircom League game. It only took me 25 years to do it! Its an embarrassing fact but I plan to make amends for it for the remainder of this season and into next. While I play and watch a lot of football in Carlow, I just never got round to an Eircom League game before.

Tolka Park is just around the corner from me, so I had no excuse for not going to see Shamrock Rovers take on Bray Wanderers. I was accompanied by born again Irish football fan, Trilla. The first half was a drab affair but the second half more than made up for it.

Rovers took a 2-0 lead through two goals from the excellent Padraig Ammond. Then it was Brays turn to bag the goals. Substitute Gareth Coughlan scored a fine individual goal before Alan Cawley scored a cracking free kick late on to steal a point.

A good nights entertainment for the money. Apart from my absenteeism from Eircom League games all my life, the reason I considered last night significant was a recent argument on www.Waffle.ie. Trilla has been living in Dublin for some time now and has taken to supporting Bohemians. He has been doing his best to get others to follow Irish football. The argument revolved around me thinking he was looking down on those of us who do not attend Eircom League games.

Anyway the point is that it was very easy for me to attend the game last night as I am now based in Dublin. There is an element to some Eircom League supporters that you are not a football fan if you don’t support an Eircom League team. Having been to a game now, I don’t feel anymore knowledgeable about football than I did before hand. The fact of the matter is that for some people it is hard to support an Eircom League team.

This same attitude makes the league very unattractive for those on the outside. I would also point out that for all the fans I see posting on various sites, there was a very poor turn out at the game last night. This attitude is very much a minority, but it is an annoying minority.

Regardless, I plan on attending further games this season and savouring what is left of this season and I reckon I can drag some others along. If I get two people to go, and then they get two each and then…..I’ll think to myself, I should have monetised this pyramid scheme!

stovelid wrote: »

I'd say he'll become a Shels fan given his current location, but I've done my bit! LOI Recruitment agent at your service :)

Advertisement