Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert Engineering

• 23-11-2001 12:12am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Who's doing it, anyone doing the ordinary level?
    What you think of the projects?
    too hard, or easy?
    and does *anyone* know were I could find out information about cranes or any companys?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm doing it, higher level for the moment - I'm only in 5th year.

Last year's project looked like a piece of piss to design and make really, my Junior Cert Technology project was far more complex.

The practical exam should be easy enough, theory is a bit uninteresting though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

are ye at te crane again ?? i did that in 99.

got an A1 in that exam, tank god, the rest of my results were not good !!

if u need help on it email me...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea, the crane in '99 was the higher level..
    first time something very alike that has came up again, cept I just don't have to make it lift a certain wegiht, I could always email you the project if you're intrested, i'll mail you about some info anyway,
    thanks v much ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Hey Gone Shootin,
    Check your board PMail, I sent ya a message, just cause boards don't always tell you that you have messages waiting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Search for Lifting Designs, through google of something like that, there is loads of sites that will give you ideas.

Eg

http://www.imt.com/model_pdf/telescopic_crane.pdf

http://www.lifting.com/rentals/

When you are making the crane if you have to work out the strength and the distance of the mass to be lifted from the fulcrum, dont forget to use the equation of equilibrium, which can be found here

http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/physics-hyperref.pdf ....... Big download...... well 1 meg

........ somewhere on that site :)

John
    John

• Advertisement

Dam, that .pdf site/file is greeat research, thanks a lot for the time in finding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No problem, I'm here to help......

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

My friend done it last year

it was some sort of radiater or carborater or something?

he made a mess

still got a b so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

radiater or carborater

????

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kaiser141

Hey there, i am doing higher level engineering and i have to make like a game using a crane...i have a good understanding on what i am doing with the body of the project but the part i am finding hard is finding different mechanisms for the crane... if i could get a bit of help off you i would much appreciate it

thanks -kaiser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hi Kaiser. This thread is 11 years old and it doesn't look like any of the previous posters even post on After Hours any more.

Your best bet for getting an answer to your question would probably be the Leaving Cert forum. Read the charter before posting though.

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement