Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decleor ?? not for sale

Options
  • 20-12-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I bought a candel as a present , it was 15 euro.Got it home and it had a big.NOT FOR SALE sign on it.What can I do , why did this happen.??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

cathy01 wrote: »
    I bought a candel as a present , it was 15 euro.Got it home and it had a big.NOT FOR SALE sign on it.What can I do , why did this happen.??

Maybe I'm missing something but why are you worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

^+1 And how come you didn't see this big sign on it in the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

slimjimmc wrote: »
    ^+1 And how come you didn't see this big sign on it in the shop?

Because it was on the back , and when I purchased the candel it wasn't in a box . Only they put it in after I paid for it. I'm concerned because it looks lime it's part of a gift set and how tight would I look giving someone half a gift set. Why did it have not for sale on it. Must be there for a reason . If you don't know that's ok.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Can't you take the not for sale sticker or whatever it is off? And did you pay for it in addition to your gift set?

Oryx wrote: »
    Can't you take the not for sale sticker or whatever it is off? And did you pay for it in addition to your gift set?

No it's printed on the box . I bought it as just a candle. It wasn't part of a gift set but with that on it , it looms like it is and that I divided it up. I'm just going to keep it for myself .but if it says not for sale why do they sell it ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I think there is a bigger issue here and its; why the flubber did you spend €15 on a candle?

On your point - if its a candle is it not made of wax? I assume stickers peel off of wax well?

I think there is a bigger issue here and its; why the flubber did you spend €15 on a candle?

On your point - if its a candle is it not made of wax? I assume stickers peel off of wax well?

No it's on the box . And it was for a friend as a birthday/ Christmas present . Anywayyyyy , why would it be on it :-)
    Ps she's a good friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

No it's on the box . And it was for a friend as a birthday/ Christmas present . Anywayyyyy , why would it be on it :-)
    Ps she's a good friend

Staff member wanted it/explodes - could be any number of reasons. If it was out on display its an odd one alight. Will it peel off the box? I'd phone the retailer see if they can shed some light, please do tell us what. :)

Very annoying over Xmas I have to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Quality candles are expensive which is why they make good gifts, ever see the price tag on those scented candles in a jar? Some were over €25.
    Because it was on the back , and when I purchased the candel it wasn't in a box . Only they put it in after I paid for it. I'm concerned because it looks lime it's part of a gift set and how tight would I look giving someone half a gift set. Why did it have not for sale on it. Must be there for a reason . If you don't know that's ok.
    Ahh that explains it, thanks.

No, I don't know the reason for the sign but the candle could have been supplied to the retailer as part of a multi-pack or a "get-one-free" type special offer which the retailer split and sold individually. You occasionally see the same thing done with soft drinks with "not for individual sale" printed on the label.

It's not illegal but the supplier might not be too impressed with the retailer taking the pi55 out of their sales promotion.

You could take the candle out of the box, wrap it in some plastic gift wrap (clear or coloured) and tie it up with a ribbon. That would look very presentable and probably better than a cardboard box.

Why not bring it back then?

• Advertisement

I just decided to keep it for myself and I got her something else.
    I think the retailer should not have split it like that, if thats what they did.I might let them know.Thanks all.Cathy

It may have been a display model/window decoration too which they decided to sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just bring it back!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement