Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should i return it and just leave it?

Options
  • 16-12-2012 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

hi, guys,

the problem is a few days ago i bough two jeans and a few other things from mandmdirect.com, and all size of jeans are 32*30 which i ordered, but one of jeans size seem like 38*30 on me, but it is 32*30 on tag, this jeans only cost me 20 euros, not a big money. but it seem like they do not offer a free return service, therefore, i am just wondering about my rights on it?

anyone could give me any suggestions. thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

flytherain wrote: »
    hi, guys,

the problem is a few days ago i bough two jeans and a few other things from mandmdirect.com, and all size of jeans are 32*30 which i ordered, but one of jeans size seem like 38*30 on me, but it is 32*30 on tag, this jeans only cost me 20 euros, not a big money. but it seem like they do not offer a free return service, therefore, i am just wondering about my rights on it?

anyone could give me any suggestions. thank you!

When you hold the two pairs up together are they obviously different? If so, take a photo of them together and get in touch with them, reporting it as a faulty item. According to their returns policy:
    What if the item is faulty?
    Any faulty item should be returned to us, we will happily send you a replacement and cover the cost of any returns postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Or go all old school and measure the funny pair with a tape measure.

Waist.. put jeans on floor, measure across waistband in inches. Double that amount.

Leg.. measure from crotch seam on inside leg to bottom of leg, in inches.

They might have wrong size label on them.

Return for correct size.

You're welcome :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flytherain

Thoie wrote: »
    When you hold the two pairs up together are they obviously different? If so, take a photo of them together and get in touch with them, reporting it as a faulty item. According to their returns policy:

here is the picture,

IMG_0563.jpg

it seem like they do not pay for any return postage, according to their policy...:confused:

foxinsox wrote: »

Waist.. put jeans on floor, measure across waistband in inches. Double that amount.

Return for correct size.

the only problem is the jeans only cost me 20 euro. and the postage to UK may be around 12 euro plus the extra cost of envelope, but the size is a lot bigger than other one, which are both same size 32*30.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

flytherain wrote: »

the only problem is the jeans only cost me 20 euro. and the postage to UK may be around 12 euro plus the extra cost of envelope, but the size is a lot bigger than other one, which are both same size 32*30.

:eek:

I looked at the pic, the waistband of one is def bigger, measure it, there's no way it's the same waist width in inches.

If it's labelled incorrectly, it's faulty. Covered under their faulty returns policy.

Trust me, I'm an aul one. :-)

• Advertisement

foxinsox wrote: »

Return for correct size.

Pfft, you and your logic! (Personally I don't have a tape measure, hence the photo).

Anyway, OP, they're obviously incorrectly labelled, so if you post them back they'll send you a new pair and refund the postage (according to their refund page)

http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/static/Returns.htm

Make sure you get a postage receipt from the post office.

Pfft, you and your logic! (Personally I don't have a tape measure, hence the photo).

Anyway, OP, they're obviously incorrectly labelled, so if you post them back they'll send you a new pair and refund the postage (according to their refund page)

http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/static/Returns.htm

Make sure you get a postage receipt from the post office.

thank you very much. i will post it back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adash10

That's a tricky one as in some shops for example i want to buy a hoody...i usually look for a medium....however sometimes i find that a medium is too large and have to go for a small or the medium is to small and i go for a large...(i haven't gained or lost weight)

i think some companies aren't with the programme when manufacturing items of clothing...

but under the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 if the goods do not meet the description or are not fit for purpose intended then you a entitled to a full refund, replacement or repair..

hope this helps

Knowledge is power ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

adash10 wrote: »
    That's a tricky one as in some shops for example i want to buy a hoody...i usually look for a medium....however sometimes i find that a medium is too large and have to go for a small or the medium is to small and i go for a large...(i haven't gained or lost weight)

i think some companies aren't with the programme when manufacturing items of clothing...

but under the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 if the goods do not meet the description or are not fit for purpose intended then you a entitled to a full refund, replacement or repair..

hope this helps

Knowledge is power ;)

SOGaSoSA only applies if bought in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

adash10 wrote: »

But that's only apply if you have cloth that are only labeled with sizes, like M, L, XL. There you can have differences between companies, or even within the same company for different clothes. But when you have the actual size in inches or cm measured, I would have thought they at least have to be exact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Rights don't come into this equation really TBH.

If they offer a free return service, just avail of it and follow whatever instructions on their site. It should be a fairly smooth process.

If there wasn't an option/service like that, then you'd be looking to rely on consumer rights.

Jev/N wrote: »
    Rights don't come into this equation really TBH.

If they offer a free return service, just avail of it and follow whatever instructions on their site. It should be a fairly smooth process.

If there wasn't an option/service like that, then you'd be looking to rely on consumer rights.

Jev/N - it's important in this instance to distinguish between faulty goods and a change of mind. They do not offer free returns on change of mind (which would cost the OP over half the cost of the trousers). As the trousers are wrongly sized, it's important that the OP lets them know that she's returning faulty goods, rather than just returning something she doesn't want.

I suspect that English is not the OPs first language, and things could get a little messy if she doesn't make it clear when sending the items back that there's a fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Jev/N - it's important in this instance to distinguish between faulty goods and a change of mind. They do not offer free returns on change of mind (which would cost the OP over half the cost of the trousers). As the trousers are wrongly sized, it's important that the OP lets them know that she's returning faulty goods, rather than just returning something she doesn't want.

I suspect that English is not the OPs first language, and things could get a little messy if she doesn't make it clear when sending the items back that there's a fault.

I've no experience with the site so I don't know if they allow for change of mind/try it out returns. A lot of sites these days do actually provide this service and is often cheap or free to return.

The Distance Selling Regs would still apply here IMO anyway. See here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭RoboRat

hope this helps

Knowledge is power

When used correctly.

Ignore above, it doesn't come into the equation as MandM are a UK based company so therefore it doesn't apply.

The goods were mislabeled and they will cover the cost of postage if you send them back. I buy most of my clothes from them and I have never had an issue with them. Contact their customer service, explain the situation and see what they suggest. They might have a collection service in Ireland as they do a lot of business here.

Advertisement