Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airticity Invoice

Options
  • 18-12-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

So I got my Airticity invoice today,
    to say It confused me a little would be an understatement!

I live in shared accommodation with 4 other tenants, I look after the bills in the house. Some of the rooms are very small and the tenants change regularly.
    For this reason we don't estimate our bills and try to get them as accurate as possible to insure that nobody is under or over charged.
    We get are bills gas and electricity every 2 months.
    I have subscribed to a meter reading notification by SMS that Airticity provided and always submit the meter readings when requested.
    I also used to receive an SMS notification when my e-bill was available, I have not received this for my last few bills.

The latest bill received was a bit of a head-scratcher

So it turned out that to account for any discrepancies in the meter reading/charges, Airticity had taken there meter reading from February YES 10 months ago and everything in between up to there estimate in December and issued me with a revised bill.
    I would have assumed that any discrepancies would have been calculated and amended on every new bill,
    I assumed wrong! :mad:

I'm supossed to just take there word for it on these discrepancies! :rolleyes:
    Although it's unlikely they have made a mistake it does not take away from the fact that the bill does not state anywhere the dates of these discrepancies, I don't know how anyone (Who's not an Airticity employee) could decipher the bill I received.

Now putting aside that Airticity have not bothered showing me where the discrepancies arose from,
    I have a bill the week before Christmas that is €70 more than I was expecting and some of the tenants who owe money towards this don't live here anymore.

I'm a mature student and already struggling, this is the last thing I need in the run up to Christmas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

So I got my Airticity invoice today,
    to say It confused me a little would be an understatement!

I live in shared accommodation with 4 other tenants, I look after the bills in the house. Some of the rooms are very small and the tenants change regularly.
    For this reason we don't estimate our bills and try to get them as accurate as possible to insure that nobody is under or over charged.
    We get are bills gas and electricity every 2 months.
    I have subscribed to a meter reading notification by SMS that Airticity provided and always submit the meter readings when requested.
    I also used to receive an SMS notification when my e-bill was available, I have not received this for my last few bills.

The latest bill received was a bit of a head-scratcher

So it turned out that to account for any discrepancies in the meter reading/charges, Airticity had taken there meter reading from February YES 10 months ago and everything in between up to there estimate in December and issued me with a revised bill.
    I would have assumed that any discrepancies would have been calculated and amended on every new bill,
    I assumed wrong! :mad:

I'm supossed to just take there word for it on these discrepancies! :rolleyes:
    Although it's unlikely they have made a mistake it does not take away from the fact that the bill does not state anywhere the dates of these discrepancies, I don't know how anyone (Who's not an Airticity employee) could decipher the bill I received.

Now putting aside that Airticity have not bothered showing me where the discrepancies arose from,
    I have a bill the week before Christmas that is €70 more than I was expecting and some of the tenants who owe money towards this don't live here anymore.

I'm a mature student and already struggling, this is the last thing I need in the run up to Christmas.
    That bill is a total mess! What sort of incompetent company releases a bill like that to their customers?

Write to them and ask for a detailed explanation of the charges on your bill and make it a "Formal Complaint" by using the term "Formal Complaint" in your letter. if they fail to resolve the issue within a reasonable time you can then make a complaint to the commission for energy regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Just ring them and go through it with them first - then write if you're not happy with their explanation.
    There might have been a reason they revised the bill - perhaps the wrong tariff?
    I couldn't make sense of one of their bills but the guy on the phone explained it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Krazzzzy Kay

I'd already rang them and went through the bill with them, they explained what the charges were for, but had no dates for the discrepancies just a very vague explanation of how there system worked and why all the charges where on the bill.
    I understand how the system works, but this does not change the fact that I can't see the dates of the discrepancies, or that I'm paying for bills from a possible 10 months ago and some of the money owed is from tenants that don't live here anymore.

Airtrictys rep expressed regret at the state of the bill and informed me that they where implementing a new invoicing system in the new year to include the date to avoid such confusion.

This does not help me.

I seriously doubt that writing them a formal letter will help the situation they've left me in now!
    They have explained why the charges are there, the most I could expect to get from them is a break down of where the charges arose from.
    The charges should never have occurred in the first place,
    it's rediculious that they charge me money that may have been owed from as far back in the year as February, why are the calculations not adjusted bill to bill.

I never had any such issues when I was with Bord Gáis and ESB

Advertisement