Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what age do you have to be to get a tattoo

Options
  • 31-10-2014 12:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

hi i was wondering what is the minamum age to get a tattoo in ireland and what is the price range thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Price completely depends on what you want, how long it will take and the size etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Any reputable studio won't touch you until you're 18. Stay away from anywhere that will. Average prices are €70-100 per hour. Don't go somewhere because the price is cheap. Go to an artist you like the work of and you're happy with. Good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good. I'm assuming you're under 18 so take the time and wait until you're old enough and sure of what you want and the design you want and also take this time to research some artists you like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 username1122

Any reputable studio won't touch you until you're 18. Stay away from anywhere that will. Average prices are €70-100 per hour. Don't go somewhere because the price is cheap. Go to an artist you like the work of and you're happy with. Good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good. I'm assuming you're under 18 so take the time and wait until you're old enough and sure of what you want and the design you want and also take this time to research some artists you like.

thank you for replying so fast in 16 now so i think iv a alot more time to think of what i want i dont want to make a mistake on what to get after all it is pernament 😂. thanks for the info on this topic

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

A tattoo and a pitbull? All in one day?!?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You seem to be giving this poster grief across multiple forums, please do not do so again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Jortea

hi I live in Ireland and I really want a tattoo, but what age do I have to be before I can get a tattoo without parental permission???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jeanrose770

You should be at least be 18, and any legitimate artist and shop will make sure you are. Also, as before stated "Good Tattoos Are Not Cheap, and Cheap Tattoos Are Not Good." This statement could not be more true. Make sure you find the artist that will do the piece exactly how you want, or better yet, BETTER THAN YOU COULD IMAGINE. Something that you are permanently putting on your body needs to be something that you will want your whole life, and that sentimentally represents something to you. Wait, figure out what you want, and find the right person to do, and then make sure you have enough. This isn't something to rush with or to be cheap with. It is an investment that will take time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Jortea wrote: »
    hi I live in Ireland and I really want a tattoo, but what age do I have to be before I can get a tattoo without parental permission???

You're obviously under 18 or you wouldn't be asking about parental permission.

NO good artist will touch you until you've turned 18.

Advertisement