Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADHD or not

Options
  • 19-12-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I looking for some advice,I have a 7 yr old boy when at home or in child minders seems to show signs of ADHD hyper jumping around ,shouting yelling sometimes angry and aggressive with siblings and parents but when same boy in school there seems to b no prob he also would sit and watch movie with us in the cinema etc just wondering if he has ADHD should the behaviour b also at school in cinema etc thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hb12 wrote: »
    I looking for some advice,I have a 7 yr old boy when at home or in child minders seems to show signs of ADHD hyper jumping around ,shouting yelling sometimes angry and aggressive with siblings and parents but when same boy in school there seems to b no prob he also would sit and watch movie with us in the cinema etc just wondering if he has ADHD should the behaviour b also at school in cinema etc thanks

You are not going to get a proper diagnosis here, especially with how little you've given.

From what you've described though I would guess the child doesn't have ADHD after spending a summer looking after a girl with it.

My first thought would be the childminder is too soft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

Hb12 wrote: »

Sound like a normal 7 year old boy, is he allowed to run around outside with friends play sword fights and cops an robbers, that what most of us did as kids to expend energy young boy aggression.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Here is not the place to ask.
    Go and request an assessment of needs if you are worried but if the school have not flagged it yet then I would not worry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement