Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private Bus Services During Strike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭currins_02

Worth adding the following:

Suirway - Rural routes around Waterford
    www.suirway.com

John McGinley - Dublin to Monaghan, Omagh, Strabane, Lifford, Letterkenny, West Donegal, Derry, Inishowen
    www.johnmcginley.com

McConnon's - Dublin to Monaghan
    www.mcconnonsbuses.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dublindiehard

currins_02 wrote: »
    Worth adding the following:

Suirway - Rural routes around Waterford
    www.suirway.com

John McGinley - Dublin to Monaghan, Omagh, Strabane, Lifford, Letterkenny, West Donegal, Derry, Inishowen
    www.johnmcginley.com

McConnon's - Dublin to Monaghan
    www.mcconnonsbuses.com

Thanks, Updated top list.

Also note that on routes that Bus Eireann operate with Translink to Derry and Belfast from Dublin, a reduced service is operating.

Translink route X1 -
    Belfast/Newry/Dublin services will depart from Custom House Quay, Dublin at 03:00, 05:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 and 22:00.

Departures from Belfast at 06:00, 07:00, 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00 and 23:00 will set down passengers at George's Quay, Dublin.

Translink route 274 -
    See: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95297488&postcount=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Translink route 274 -
    Derry/Monaghan/Dublin services will depart from Custom House Quay, Dublin at 11:00, 12:15, 15:30, 18:00 and 22:15.

Departures from Derry at 04:15, 07:00, 13:00 and 16:30 will set down passengers at George's Quay, Dublin.

Some of those departures are Ulsterbus route X4 and operate via Armagh and Dungannon and do not serve Monaghan.

Correct list is here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95297488&postcount=8

lxflyer wrote: »
    Some of those departures are Ulsterbus route X4 and operate via Armagh and Dungannon and do not serve Monaghan.

Correct list is here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95297488&postcount=8

Great, Thanks for that, I took my info from the BE site!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Galway area services that are still operating

CityLink - Clifden

Burkes Buses - Tuam and Dunmore

Bus Feda (aka Feda O'Donaill) - Sligo and Donegal.

Healy's - Weekend services between Galway and Castlebar

Brendan Boyle - Bus4U - Roscommon via the N63

Mountbellew Bus Company

Buslink, aka Farrell Travel - Athenry

Healy's - Loughrea and Oranmore

South East (SE) Galway IRD - "The Local Bus"

Galway Bay Executive Travel

Student services unchanged too;
    Corduff Travel
    Streamline
    WestLink Coaches
    Treacys
    Roscommon Coaches
    O'Hara Coaches
    Geraghty Travel
    Midland Bus Co
    Kearns Transport
    JJ Kavanagh
    Kennedy Coaches
    Lyons Travel
    Noel O’Shea Coach Hire

Lists summarised from http://www.galwaytransport.info/2012/11/regional-national-bus-coach-long-distance-services.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Galway area services that are still operating

CityLink - Clifden

Burkes Buses - Tuam and Dunmore

Bus Feda (aka Feda O'Donaill) - Sligo and Donegal.

Healy's - Weekend services between Galway and Castlebar

Brendan Boyle - Bus4U - Roscommon via the N63

Mountbellew Bus Company

Buslink, aka Farrell Travel - Athenry

Healy's - Loughrea and Oranmore

South East (SE) Galway IRD - "The Local Bus"

Galway Bay Executive Travel

Student services unchanged too;
    Corduff Travel
    Streamline
    WestLink Coaches
    Treacys
    Roscommon Coaches
    O'Hara Coaches
    Geraghty Travel
    Midland Bus Co
    Kearns Transport
    JJ Kavanagh
    Kennedy Coaches
    Lyons Travel
    Noel O’Shea Coach Hire

Lists summarised from http://www.galwaytransport.info/2012/11/regional-national-bus-coach-long-distance-services.html

Sounds like you have an vested interest. Go on, do tell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

clunked wrote: »
    Sounds like you have an vested interest. Go on, do tell!

I made and run the website where I took the list from, and have spent a bit of time compiling the information from a variety of sources. Was started as a hobby project to stop me getting bored in the height of the recession when there was no IT work going.

Am pretty sure I posted this on a declaration of interest thread here ages ago. I make a little money from the advertising - enough to cover the domain registration and some, nowhere near enough to pay for my time.

And I'm pretty sure that most people have no idea just how much public transport is provided by non-state-owned companies already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I made and run the website where I took the list from, and have spent a bit of time compiling the information from a variety of sources. Was started as a hobby project to stop me getting bored in the height of the recession when there was no IT work going.

Am pretty sure I posted this on a declaration of interest thread here ages ago. I make a little money from the advertising - enough to cover the domain registration and some, nowhere near enough to pay for my time.

And I'm pretty sure that most people have no idea just how much public transport is provided by non-state-owned companies already.

You put a great deal of effort into compiling all that info and at a time when the authorities giving these operators licences couldn't be arsed to tell the public what services were being run on their behalf.

Absolutely no justification in criticising you for posting the info or linking to your website.

It does rather drop a bomb on the ridiculous argument that CIE, BE in particular, have a monopoly as well.

Advertisement