Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Musicians/ Spring 2015

Options
  • 27-03-2015 9:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭

In the city centre to-day Friday March 2015

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Kalman

Saw these Romanian musicians performing on Wednesday of this week.

I thought that they were very good and I like to hear their music which they bring with them from Eastern Europe.

A while back in early March, a Hungarian couple were taking shelter from the inclement weather in the doorway of Mark's & Spencer's Department Store.

In spite of the cold, wet weather, she played the violin and he, the bassoon. They played such wonderful stuff !

Pieces that are very popular in Germany and Hungary [Budapest], [you just do not hear this sort of music played in the streets of our towns and cities.
    [I travel miles to hear this music]

Oh, but one beautiful piece that they played was, quintessentially, Franz Lehar's "Maine lippen Sie So-heiss" [my lips kiss with such fire].
    A most beautiful, beautiful piece from "Laher's" operetta> "Guiditta.":)

That morning, I was very late arriving at the club, intrigued as I was with them and their delightful music. { I reasoned, that the club will always be there, but not those two>>for I may never see them again}

Advertisement