Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earwig control on vegetables

Options
  • 14-09-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Does anybody happen to know of any tips on discouraging earwigs or even downright killing the feckers... organically? I don't know what's different about this year but I seem to be plagued with them. I generally let them be since they cause minimal damage to anything compared to the slugs in my garden. This year however they've gone crazy on my courgette plants and I don't know why. Normally, by this time of year, I'd be sick of eating the stuff but this summer I think I got about 6 courgettes in total off 5 plants. I've found earwigs in every flower eating the stamen and nothing got to pollinate. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Fill one or two 5" pots with straw and mount them upside down on canes, among the plants the earwigs are eating. The earwigs will go in to shelter overnight and you can collect them the next morning and do with them as you wish.

Advertisement