Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marilyn Manson

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Whats peoples opinions on his new album - I think its a real return to form ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭briany

0ubliette wrote: »
    rock is dead & fight song, were just rehashes of the beautiful people riff/beat.
    ACS was a great album, but i wonder how much of that was down to Trent Reznors production, and Daisy Berkowitz's guitar playing which had a really unique sound IMO. Wouldn't really listen to MM nowadays tho, bit too morbid for me now that im all grown up :pac:
    Tho Dope Hat, Cake and Sodomy, were great songs, i quite liked portrait.

Don't hear that much similarity between Fight Song and Beautiful People in riff or beat. Not much more than overall familiarity of sound anyway. If anything I hear more in Disposable Teens.

I got Holy Wood for Christmas 2000 and I liked it. I also got Slipknot's self-titled album, which I didn't like, and still don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

s8n wrote: »

Ya the new album is great, the last MM album I bought was mechanical animals and the new one is as good imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The new album is devastatingly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

s8n wrote: »

It's outstanding.
    He has clearly found a new lease of life collaborating with Tyler bates.
    Parting ways with Ramirez was disappointing after all the hype surrounding his return but we can't ignore the facts; for all the good songs on HEOL, it was largely filler, and BV basically passed unnoticed.

TPE is getting alot of positive attention for what seems to be Mansons abandoning of the more gnarly/metal approach that used to accompany his cultural criticisms.

0ubliette wrote: »
    rock is dead & fight song, were just rehashes of the beautiful people riff/beat.
    ACS was a great album, but i wonder how much of that was down to Trent Reznors production, and Daisy Berkowitz's guitar playing which had a really unique sound IMO. Wouldn't really listen to MM nowadays tho, bit too morbid for me now that im all grown up :pac:
    Tho Dope Hat, Cake and Sodomy, were great songs, i quite liked portrait.
    As far as I understand they only kept one song featuring Berkowitz on ACS...
    I used to like Manson as a preteen but his overall treatment of bandmembers put me off soon enough. I still remember the Twiggy/John5 blowouts. Two of his 'best friends' and best musicians kicked out over nothing :mad: Pogo and Ginger Fish met similar ends I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Who's more Metal - MM or his Dad? :pac:

marilyn-manson-father-paper-magazine-2015-billboard-650.jpg

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement