Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travelling to Europe by car, seats available, carshare.

Options
  • 16-12-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭

ok, how about this for an idea for a thread,

Ireland is a bit of a bollox to get in and out of sometimes, planes trains buses boats etc.
    Its at the far whest of europe but thanks to ryanair, we can get to rome in a couple of hours, greece in the shake of a lambs tail, and dusseldorf before the cows come home for milking.

Now some people dont like flying (ok, ME! and I thank **** I dont have to do long haul flights anymore) and maybe would like to get to Europe by car, but heres the thing they dont have a car, so this would be just for boards people that want to travel for cheap and take in the scenery and have a chat with somebody at the same time.

There is hundreds of cars leaving on boats everyday to Uk and france.
    Surely there would be some seats that are available to people that want to travel and are willing to share costs.

So Ill start the ball rolling, I maybe going to europe read:MAYBE at the end of March, so will have a seat or two left over.
    ferry to france, travelling north of france, south belgium lux, into stuttgart munich and then austria.

Would there be any interest in this type of thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

by a complete quirk of fate and an even more unusual quirk of fate this has come to pass.........as I had scrapped this idea

Im leaving friday or saturday by ferry.
    anybody want in and split costs.

im 80% sure of going will know more tomorrow.

ferry to france, travelling north of france, south belgium lux, into stuttgart munich and then austria, slovenia and trieste Italy.

Advertisement