Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Lugged Steel Frame Commuter

Options
  • 09-08-2010 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Well it's time to sell my trusty purple commuter bike as I will be leaving the country next week. I bought it second-hand about 2years ago and rode it into college every day pretty much(~16km round trip). I've taken care of it, keeping it indoors when at home and replacing broken items (new back wheel in Jan 2010. Then at various stages a new BB, new forks, new brake pads and a new headset)

Components are a mix of everything really. Highlights include a Shimano 105 rear derailleur (this model), Campagnolo single-pivot front brake and Shimano 600 downtube shifters. Chainrings are 52-39 with a 12-21, 7-speed cassette at the back. Frame size is about 22 inches or 56cm in new money. I'm just under 6ft.

Pics below. Any questions - just ask! Everything in photos is included (i.e. pump, mudguards, lights) Also have a lock (this one (1metre)) with the three original keys as a sweetener on the deal if required!

Asking for €130.

attachment.php?attachmentid=123421&stc=1&d=1281375434

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That seems very cheap indeed. Does it all work?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marvinthefish

*dives to change the asking price upwards* (not really)

It all works yeah. Brakes stop, wheels go round straight, nothings going to fall off. It is, however, getting a bit worn. Teeth on chainrings and some of the cogs on the back for example. Slight tear in the saddle. Paint is not perfect (but no disasterous rust). Predict the BB might need replacing in a few months.

I just want to get rid of it quickly(before I leave) and think it would be suitable for someone who wants a hack bike that's not shiny and attractive to thieves!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What size is it or what height are you?

Frame size is about 22 inches or 56cm in new money (measured with a measuring tape). I'm just under 6ft.

If your around Dublin, Can I call round to have a look?

• Advertisement

@CramCycle Yeah I'm in Dublin 5. You can call round anytime, except tomorrow evening. I'll PM you details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I wonder has EasybeingCheesy seen this ad. Someone send out the signal.

@CramCycle Yeah I'm in Dublin 5. You can call round anytime, except tomorrow evening. I'll PM you details.

I'll try and get over tomorrow morning, I'll contact you first to arrange a time.

Advertisement