Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap and cheerful laptop wanted

• 05-10-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Looking for a cheap and cheerful laptop for my mother. She wants one to check the internet the odd time and keep in contact with friends and family on skype. It needs to be windows based because thats what she knows how to use. Screen size needs to be fairly big too. i.e 13 - 15" screen. Oh it also needs a webcam.

Budget: Around €4-500

Intended use: Only wanted for browsing the internet and using for skype calls.

Mobility: Not needed for taking anywhere so it will just be used in the house.

I was looking at a Samsung R60plus for €420 but I cant find out much info on it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

No opinions from anyone?
    The samsung I was looking at is now gone from komplett so ill have to look for something else now.
    All its needed for is outlined above. hard drive processor ram etc dont need to be high spec so that will keep the cost down hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

Hey BFassassin,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Really nice laptop, looks great in person - for that price/brand, the spec's are actually fairly top notch - 2Ghz Dual Core, 2Gb Ram, X1250 Video....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

That one on misco must be a slightly different model to the one I was looking at. Its about a 100 quid dearer when you add the vat.
    This one seems to fit the bill though from pixmania

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That one will also be fine, but make sure to pick up another gig of ram - 1gb is cutting it pretty finely for Vista.

Advertisement