Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype Built in mic

Options
  • 06-10-2008 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi I know this is a very old thread I'm dragging up here.

Here is my situation.

Just downloaded Skype, did a test call to my brother, I could hear him loud and clear on his PC.

I have a Toshiba laptop, the speakers are fine for hearing, but cannot pick up my voice so my brother cant hear me.

Is this a problem with my built in mic? Or is it a case of me having to go out and buy one?

I've gone through all the help set-ups & have followed everything with the echo test and nothing.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Kwesty wrote: »
    Hi I know this is a very old thread I'm dragging up here.

Here is my situation.

Just downloaded Skype, did a test call to my brother, I could hear him loud and clear on his PC.

I have a Toshiba laptop, the speakers are fine for hearing, but cannot pick up my voice so my brother cant hear me.

Is this a problem with my built in mic? Or is it a case of me having to go out and buy one?

I've gone through all the help set-ups & have followed everything with the echo test and nothing.

Any help appreciated.

post moved to it's own thread
    Does your laptop have a built in mic? What laptop is it specifically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kwesty

post moved to it's own thread
    Does your laptop have a built in mic? What laptop is it specifically?

As far as I can see it is a built in mic, on the control panel under sound settings, when I click on mic - Realtek High Definition Audio with SRS and it has a tick to indicate its defaulted & it says working.

When I go into skype setting the level bar moves up and down when my brother talks, but when i do it doesnt move (so im replying to him via msn :rolleyes:)

Laptop - Toshiba T5200 intel duo, bought Feb 07 (not sure what other info to give, if so ill get it!)

Oh and its Windows Vista

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Sound Recorder.
    See if you can record any sound with that.
    Does it have a built in webcam?

See if you can record any sound with that.
    Does it have a built in webcam?

Not a sausage & no built in webcam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Hi, I have the same problem with my laptop (acer aspire 5920) it has a built in webcam-any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

If you definitely have a built-in mic, it's possible that you may just need to set it as the default recording device within skype's options. If you don't have one built in, you'll have to buy an external one.

I picked myself up a small mic for €7 in a PC shop!! works perfectly now :D

Advertisement