Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proof positive that women are bad drivers

• 24-02-2005 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Just go to the local supermarket and watch them driving shopping trollies around it.
    They don't look where they are going. Park them in the middle of the aisle when there is no space for anyone to get by.
    They have no awareness of what is going on around them. They will stop in the middle of the aisle to talk to another woman driver, blocking everyone either side of them and dont notice.
    They will barge out at the cross aisles without looking to see if anyone is coming the other way.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

what?

does that mean that you are really bad in bed if you cannot play pool?.

all this shows is that women are generally inconsiderate to others around them

would not have any reflection on their ability or lack of?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think the analogy is kinda fitting.

Aisle-hogs in supermarkets are a pain, though I've never noticed a gender trend. You don't tend to see guys with trolleys.
    In fact unless a guy was buying booze he'd probably overfill two baskets rather than push a trolley around...

;)

completly off topic but just thought, have never seen any good women pool players ...Hmmmm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

edmund_f wrote:
    completly off topic but just thought, have never seen any good women pool players ...Hmmmm
    I knew one that must have been good although I never saw her play... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

edmund_f wrote:
    I once held a pool table for 3 hours in college .. those were the days..
    :D

• Advertisement

AlisonB wrote:
    I once held a pool table for 3 hours in college .. those were the days..

must meet up for a game sometime ;) 3 hours....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

AlisonB wrote:
    I once held a pool table for 3 hours in college

Was it not awfully heavy?

edmund_f wrote:
    must meet up for a game sometime ;) 3 hours....
    :p *chuckles* yeh sounds good.. yeh 3 hours was a bit of a marathon alright.. but ... have to say.. your theory is spot on ...

AlisonB wrote:
    ...your theory is spot on ...

It is amazing how often i am :)

(refering to pool of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

AlisonB wrote:
    :p *chuckles* yeh sounds good.. yeh 3 hours was a bit of a marathon alright.. but ... have to say.. your theory is spot on ...

3 hours is quite a marathon for anything these days ;)

• Advertisement

Gilgamesh wrote:
    3 hours is quite a marathon for anything these days ;)
    what's seldom is wonderful ;)

edmund_f wrote:
    It is amazing how often i am :)

(refering to pool of course)
    out of interest Edmund :D
    what are your house rules...
    Mine are as follows:
    No back table...
    and no carry on shots ...

*Ambiguity - I LOVE IT * ...

AlisonB wrote:
    out of interest Edmund :D
    what are your house rules...
    Mine are as follows:
    No back table...
    and no carry on shots ...

*Ambiguity - I LOVE IT * ...

would agree.. back play ruins the game..

carry shots can be good... can make the length of your go longer? (bit too ambigious?)

one foot must remain in contact with the ground at all times during your go

stick pocket rule applies when on black, once you pick a pocket you must finish in it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

edmund_f wrote:

I've heard this rule before, but this is a snooker rule and gives distinct advantage if you're tall (says the 6'5 bloke). If you play the one foot on the ground rule you should allow the use of the extending arms from snooker too (IMHO)

I've heard this rule before, but this is a snooker rule and gives distinct advantage if you're tall (says the 6'5 bloke). If you play the one foot on the ground rule you should allow the use of the extending arms from snooker too (IMHO)

depends on the size of the table?.. snnoker tables tend to be larger and thus you need to use rests for certain positions/shots

(so going to get into trouble for that one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

To the Cuckoo Nest, the lot of ye :D

We had a good run.. surprised did not get moved earlier.. thought it was lightening the mood of the motors forum?

edmund_f wrote:
    would agree.. back play ruins the game..

carry shots can be good... can make the length of your go longer? (bit too ambigious?)

stick pocket rule applies when on black, once you pick a pocket you must finish in it :)

christ i'm in knots laughing here .. ok compose yourself ali..
    *deep breath*
    I reckon, a few practice shots is essential... :D also .. i dont know what it is but i seems to perform better when the tip of the cue is slightly bigger... length of the cue doesnt really matter.. ;) i can play with most things.. i know with snooker the thinner the better ( big table - bigger cueing action required). the one foot on the ground thing ..hmm (what can i get out of this). ....

oh and as for the stick pocket. I only play stick pocket with experienced players.....gets a bit monotonous after a while if their aim isn't great..

think the snooker side is taken too seriously, plus tends to be played between men only (lots of confusing equipment and rules)

pool much more fun, mixed (teams? :) ) make the rules up as you go.. failing to cover the head (of the cue with chalk) can lead to astray shots

practice shots seem to work better when the female wants to practice on her own for a bit, usually a man is always ready for a good game of pool, give the woman some time to warm up, perhaps a little encouragement from the man here can help

still thinking of foot on the ground thing.. sure can make something of that,,,

• Advertisement

AlisonB wrote:
    oh and as for the stick pocket. I only play stick pocket with experienced players.....gets a bit monotonous after a while if their aim isn't great..

balls bouncing off the cushions never looking like they are ever going to go in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭grimsbymatt

My mum's a woman, and she's a sh!t driver.

So there you go.

She can't play snooker, either. Sexual or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

She can't play snooker, either. Sexual or otherwise.

LOL

Still confused as to how this went from women drivers to pool!

my twisted mind no doubt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Oh no doubt! :p

Still decent topics though!

Heres a Q, whats the americans fascination with big white plastic cue tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Thats more like it spalk0! you get the point of this place

No more sexist blah di blah unless you're going to post something funny.

but i was only warming up koneko.... :(

at least give her a chance to warm up !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Yeah theres always that dilemma in snooker, the easy pink or the tight brown?

Also make sure the playing area is nice and clean or it could put you off your game

innuendo, i love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

AlisonB wrote:
    but i was only warming up koneko.... :(

go for it!

ColHol wrote:
    Yeah theres always that dilemma in snooker, the easy pink or the tight brown?

Also make sure the playing area is nice and clean or it could put you off your game

innuendo, i love it!

dirt and dust around the pockets can put you off your cueing action,

although some snooker halls have many tables, allowing you to look around to find one you like, although removing the table covers can sometimes cause offence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I had sex on a snooker table once.

Or maybe I played snooker in bed.

Or was it I just played snooker with a woman? It's hard to remember.

I had sex with a snooker table once. On a woman.

I had sex with a snooker table once. On a woman.
    Well, kind of. We were going to go all the way, but I just didn't have the balls.

• Advertisement

On Monday, I made the brilliant joke above. It's now Friday afternoon and no-one's bothered to read it. Sulk sulk.

but if you were playing snooker, there should have been an abundant amount of balls available for her to play with?

I wasn't playing snooker, I was attempting to have sex with a snooker table. Read the pre-previous post.

Advertisement