Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare when moving away from home

Options
  • 08-10-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey first time posting here,

This is different from the other moving thread, I'm moving away from home to a flat in dublin and I was wondering what I need to do to transfer my payments to a local post office around my new address and a social welfare office thats near my new address, what exactly do I need to do? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You need to go into the sw office in Dublin that is for your area and ask them to transfer your claim. You will need proof of address for Dublin e.g. tenancy agreement and probably photo ID as well. Post office is usually the one nearest your address so they will be able to tell you what post office to collect at.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mr.Triffid

eastbono wrote: »
    You need to go into the sw office in Dublin that is for your area and ask them to transfer your claim. You will need proof of address for Dublin e.g. tenancy agreement and probably photo ID as well. Post office is usually the one nearest your address so they will be able to tell you what post office to collect at.
    mp22 wrote: »

Thanks for that information eastbono an mp22, that should make the traniistion a lot smoother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Mr.Triffid wrote: »
    eastbono wrote: »

Sorry, I'm in the same situation and I'm just wondering because I'm unsure..........

Do you need to go to your current social welfare office first to notify them and fill in paperwork, inform them of where you're moving to etc OR do as you advised above and go to the social welfare office you intend to change to for signing on purposes first?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Advertisement
Advertisement