Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just got 25 blank texts from an unknown number...

Options
  • 31-05-2008 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

What should I do? Post their number on the back of a public toilet door somewhere with a "phone me for a good time" comment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

you tried texting/ringing them back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Yes I sent a message asking if there was something they wanted. Needless to say this was responded with 3 more blank messages. I wonder if it's aliens trying to communicate with me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Post number on here...
    Wait...
    ???????
    PROFIT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Ring it. It could be a fine looking thing looking for no strings sex.

But what if it's not? I'm too lazy to deal with the consequences. Can I ask them to rate their attractiveness out of 10 and hang up if it's less than 9?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Ring it or use your webtexts to send random text messages every ten minutes from now till morning. Make sure the last one says 'hope you had a good night sleep?'

If you can't beat them.......at least get your own back!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Kid or animal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

What should I do? Post their number on the back of a public toilet door somewhere with a "phone me for a good time" comment?

More interestingly what kind of person rings a number they found on the back of a toliet door. Are some of these numbers genuine or are they all someones mate taking the piss.

During our school exams we would use the same tables every year. They were covered in etched graffti + ink. The usually stuff, "XMas 05", "Failing Chemistry 04" etc etc. Three years after leaving the place i get a text message along the lines "hey, hows it going i got your number of an exam desk today". texts continued back and forth. She was some 15-17 year old girl. That was odd. A mate had wrote my number on various desks throughtout the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Yeah, I recently sent a shed load of blank texts. I was on my bike, with my phone in my bag. Phone managed to unlock itself and kept sending messages ( though they were to peeps in my phonebook). Pain in the arse, cost a small fortune.:eek: Friends weren't impressed either.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

25 blank texts, doesn't sound intentional. If you're still getting them, switch your phone off and back on.

Sorry, I work for a phone company, can't help it. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THINK IT WAS ME !!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D:D:D

-Freebird- wrote: »
    switch your phone off and back on.

What would that do?! :confused:

They rang and hung up prior to sending the messages. Haven't heard from them in a while. Maybe it was accidental. Strange though........:rolleyes:

Generally if you receive 25 messages, it's because they're bouncing off the network. Powering your phone off and back on resets your coverage and basically stops the bouncing of the message.

Ah. Well, I turned it off for a bit mid-plaguing but continued to get them afterwards. Thanks though :)

Ah. Well, I turned it off for a bit mid-plaguing but continued to get them afterwards. Thanks though :)

Ok, well if that's the case then you have a stalker. Lucky you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

It was me. I want my dolphin back. I mean it.

sueme wrote: »
    It was me. I want my dolphin back. I mean it.

I don't have your goddamn dolphin. Who told you that I did?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Post the number up here. They're bound to get a couple of pleasant text messages by morning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

takola wrote: »
    Post the number up here. They're bound to get a couple of pleasant text messages by morning! :D

definitely, i've witnessed a thread where this happened before. brilliant!:D

Text them. But you must text in "dolphin" e.g.

hai eeeeeeeeeeeooooooooyyyyyyyyeee, wwwwaaaahhhhiiiiiieeee, eeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooiiiiiieeee!
    :) Luv u x
    kthxby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

sueme wrote: »
    Text them. But you must text in "dolphin" e.g.

hai eeeeeeeeeeeooooooooyyyyyyyyeee, wwwwaaaahhhhiiiiiieeee, eeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooiiiiiieeee! :)
    kthxby

doooooorrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

doooooorrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Your talking whale. Jeez. :rolleyes:

Advertisement