Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video of Real alien to be shown..

• 29-05-2008 4:18pm

From a legitimate newspaper. Video of real alien breathing and all,to be shown tomorrow.

http://media.rockymountainnews.com/...own-friday.html

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Quote: [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Phone home: Purported UFO video to be shown Friday[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]By Daniel J. Chacon, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Originally published 03:15 p.m., May 28, 2008[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Updated 07:01 p.m., May 28, 2008[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]A video that purportedly shows a living, breathing space alien will be shown to the news media Friday in Denver.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Jeff Peckman, who is pushing a ballot initiative to create an Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission in Denver to prepare the city for close encounters of the alien kind, said the video is authentic and convinced him that aliens exist.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]"As impressive as it is, it's still one tiny portion in the context of a vast amount of peripheral evidence," he said Wednesday. "It's really the final visual confirmation of what you already know to be true having seen all the other evidence."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]When Peckman went before city officials this month to discuss his proposed ET initiative, he promised to show the video.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Peckman said the general public will have to wait to see it because it's being included in a documentary by Stan Romanek.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]"No one will be allowed to film the segment with the extraterrestrial because there is an agreement in place limiting that kind of exposure during negotiations for the documentary," he said.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]But people won't have to wait too long to see it for themselves.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]"There is an open, public meeting in about a month in Colorado Springs," Peckman said. "We'll hope to do one in Denver at some point, and then in a few months, there will be the documentary that anybody can have, and it'll have the footage."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]An instructor at the Colorado Film School in Denver scrutinized the video "very carefully" and determined it was authentic, Peckman said.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Peckman, 54, said the video was among the reasons he was "compelled" to launch the proposed ballot initiative, which has generated news as far as South Africa.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]"It shows an extraterrestrial's head popping up outside of a window at night, looking in the window, that's visible through an infrared camera," he said. The alien is about 4 feet tall and can be seen blinking, Peckman said earlier this month.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]In a statement, Peckman said "other related credible evidence" proving aliens exist will be shown at Friday's news conference, too.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]In 2003, Peckman authored an off-beat ballot initiative that would have required the city to implement stress-reduction techniques. The "Safety Through Peace" initiative failed, but garnered 32 percent of the vote.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]chacond@RockyMountainNews.com or 303-954-5099[/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

20/1 it'll turn out to be a hoax....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Steve_o wrote: »
    20/1 it'll turn out to be a hoax....

20 to 1? How about 1 to 1,000,000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Bravo Sierra:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

"It shows an extraterrestrial's head popping up outside of a window at night, looking in the window, that's visible through an infrared camera," he said. The alien is about 4 feet tall and can be seen blinking, Peckman said earlier this month.
    Lol. Only Meee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I want to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

its yora ma Peckman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,033 ✭✭✭✭Basq

20 / 1 he'll be singing "Rocky Mountain High"..

... it might actually BE John Denver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Please do post updates though OP, I'm interested in this sort of stuff so would love to see the documentary if it makes it to the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

{Chief Wiggam}This story is very compelling Mr jackass, I mean Simpson I'll just type it up on my invisible typrwriter.{/Chief Wiggam}

• Advertisement

"It shows an extraterrestrial's head popping up outside of a window at night, looking in the window, that's visible through an infrared camera," he said. The alien is about 4 feet tall and can be seen blinking, Peckman said earlier this month.
    i think its rb and yes hes blinking allright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Sherifu wrote: »
    I want to believe.

lol, me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

OMFG its starting...............................:eek:

again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,644 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Betcha its a mexican.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Great. It's only a matter of time till they will start driving the wages down, and make us all pop up outside the windows at night too.

The government should do something before it's too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ojewriej wrote: »
    Great. It's only a matter of time till they will start driving the wages down, and make us all pop up outside the windows at night too.

The government should do something before it's too late.

They tuk ar jabs!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I bet you its only Michael Jackson ... naked

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    I bet you its only Michael Jackson ... naked

i think at this point he qualifies as an alien life form.

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles/a99_jackson.jpg
    http://aliencelebrities.com/aliens/michael_jackson_alien_140.jpg

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I for one welcome our new pervert window peering overlords.

Guy is a quack
    The 54-year-old Peckman, who is single and lives with his parents, is no stranger to city officials in Denver.
    “It is important because if you’re driving down the highway and you saw a crash of a small spaceship and a car or a bus full of kids, you really wouldn’t know what to do,” Peckman told the RMN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

I bet it's a campaign for the new X-Files movie! It'll be launched in a month from now I think.

So where is this video being shown?

LISA
    Wait! You want an alien? This is your alien!

Lisa shines her torch on it, and it is revealed to be Mr. Burns.

BURNS
    Hello, children. I bring you love.

WILLY
    It's a monster! Kill it! Kill it!

SMITHERS
    It's not a monster, it's Mr. Burns.

WILLY
    Aw, it's Mr. Burns. Kill it! Kill it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

LOL @ this! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Its just maddie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

An Alien wouldn't be peering through a freakin window!!

If aliens did decide to come to earth they'd obviously be pretty technologically advanced...so peering through windows would be extremely primitive...even by our standards!!

• Advertisement

JangoFett wrote: »
    An Alien wouldn't be peering through a freakin window!!

If aliens did decide to come to earth they'd obviously be pretty technologically advanced...so peering through windows would be extremely primitive...even by our standards!!

Oh yeah?well how else would they see into the gaff?I know some very intelligent people and they use windows all the time to look in and sometimes out at stufff.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

The aliens wouldn't want to be caught!

Has Star Trek taught you nothing?

Never make direct first contact if a race doesn't have Warp Technology yet!! So obviously this was some kind of child alien who didn't have the x-ray goggles to see through walls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Degsy wrote: »
    Oh yeah?well how else would they see into the gaff?I know some very intelligent people and they use windows all the time to look in and sometimes out at stufff.

Oh yeah? Names or GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I wonder what will make this any different from all the other countless other videos aliens out and about. It'll be a short skinny thing with a huge head and huge eyes, just out for a stroll around a farm, breathing in another planet's atmosphere no problemo.

Hopefully this one will at least show some imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Got a screen cap of the footage.....Although i suspect we've seen this lad befoe.

Our new Brother:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    Its just maddie

L-O-FREAKING-L! :D

• Advertisement

what time is the close encounters of the third kind on?:)

bobmeaney wrote: »
    Oh yeah? Names or GTFO

This George...dead clever he is!
    http://www.aichberger.de/_images/1-10f-768x512-alter-Mann.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Looks like an alien to me. The big eyes and the grey skin are a dead giveaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

it looks like yore ma jimbo:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

You are on a roll tonight dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

ah thanks jimbo your not so bad yourself:D

lol, all the talk of the video itself being absolutely definately real and unaltered/unedited. noone needs to alter the video if its just of a dude in a mask!

tbh i did find that video a little freaky to watch. very much doubt its real but it was a fairly nicely done fake at least

Is the Youtube link posted the actual video?

Hm, it could be an alien. It does look cool though.

In fairness, it's far too stereotypical to be a real alien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

From a legitimate newspaper.

Not anymore:D

jimbo78 wrote: »

Why though? Is it not possible that that is exactly what they look like?

Why though? Is it not possible that that is exactly what they look like?

No, because that's exactly how humans have imagined they look like since the sixties.
    What are the chances?

jimbo78 wrote: »

in fairness, this is kind of their point. that aliens have been visiting for ages and theres loads of footage of them as well as accounts of them. That they all describe them like this as this is what they look like.

As i said i'm a sceptic to this sort of stuff but if the alien looked different it would make their whole argument groundless as it would prove all the eye witness accounts of actual aliens were fake if this one was real.

In your quote above you use the word 'imagined'. the point is that they're claiming it wasn't imagined, that it was just what all those chaps who 'kept themselves to themselves' actually saw. the wya your thinking about it is putting the cart before the horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

And I, for one, welcome our new overlords.

• Advertisement
Advertisement