Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to Satellite - recommendation required

• 25-08-2004 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to the world of Satellites and am currently looking for a Satellite system to meet the following needs,any recommendations from you would be welcome.

I'm planning to get SKY Plus system with a family and movie package. I currently subscribe to Chorus which gives me the advantage of multi-room viewing as I have sockets in each room. I would like something similar with SKY but I know it costs an extra 15 EUR plus an additional box per room to achieve this. Is there anyway around this that I can view different channels in two different rooms (or a 3rd) without the need of an extra card/digi-box. Can you use those video/audio senders?

Recommendations on Satellite dealers is also welcome as I don't know who to go to.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Unfortunately you cannot view different channels at the same time unless you get extra boxes/cards. Video senders will only allow you to watch the same channels that is on the main TV.

There is a sticky thread at the top of these forums with info on satellite dealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Is it not possible to output 2 channels to different sources (e.g. 1 to a video sender) from a SKY+ box since you can record two channels or view 1 and record another at the same time?

Also does anyone know if a video send signal is clear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

ADSLUSER wrote:
    Is it not possible to output 2 channels to different sources (e.g. 1 to a video sender) from a SKY+ box since you can record two channels or view 1 and record another at the same time?

No. The sky+ box has two tuners but only 1 decoder/dig-analogue convertor.

Also does anyone know if a video send signal is clear?[/QUOTE]

Clear??
    You connect a device to the transmitter and whatever that device is outputting is recieved by the reciever box which you plug into your second TV.

If you mean is the signal between the two boxes encrypted to stop anyone else in range viewing it then the answer is no.
    Do not use it to send the video of you and the missus engaged in conjugals to the bedroom from the downstairs VCR unless you want the neighbours to be able to see it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely be careful when using the video sender! ;)

By 'clear', I meant if the picture is clear using a video sender.

Advertisement