Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asked to bring in Passport Photo when I signed on?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Has any one else been asked the same?

Is this for the new Photo ID card that the Department of Social Protection are producing?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

there is a pilot scheme starting in a few offices around the country where they will be using new social welfare cards.so depending on your local office that could be why they looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'd say it's likely to be for the biometric card

I thought I heard a news story that the pilot scheme was finishing and it's gonna be rolled out.

anyone confirm that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Slydice wrote: »
    I'd say it's likely to be for the biometric card

I thought I heard a news story that the pilot scheme was finishing and it's gonna be rolled out.

anyone confirm that?
    sooner the better imo but I dont think they are at the stage where it is ready to be rolled out nationwide.
    lots of major changes in DSP in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

This is supposed to be rolled out this month. It was also supposed to be rolled out much earlier in the year. It is coming, but I'll not be holding my breath. Will be good to have, will save me having to get a new passport to collect my payment (depending on who is at the post office, they have previously refused to accept my out of date passport!)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

A friend of mine in Sligo was asked to come in to the office to geta her new card sorted out and is in the test group atm. As well as the new card, instead of signing on theres a new automatic phone thing for signing on, you'll be phoned 3 times on your sign on day and have to give a word that only you will know, if it doesnt recognize your word you'll be asked to go into the office and sign on.
    Doesn't make much sense to me :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement