Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claiming benefit if you quit your job

• 27-10-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi

I quit my job yesterday as I hated being there and dreaded going in there everyday due to what I felt was a slight form of bullying there was a person in my work who I felt had it out for me all the time and I felt I had to quit as I cud not take anymore of it. If I explained this to social welfare office do you think I would still be entitled to claim? I was out of work for the summer and have been working for about 2 months until yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Sorry that you have had this difficulty. You will certainly be allowed to claim but it is likely you will not receive payment for the first nine weeks (see below). However, you should go to the Social Welfare Office immediately and outline why you left, preferably in writing. But, unless you had complained about the bullying to supervisors, management etc., and have documentation about it, it will be difficult to prove just cause. But give it a try.

Disqualification from Jobseeker's Allowance
    You may be disqualified from getting Jobseeker's Allowance for 9 weeks if you:

Left work voluntarily and without just cause
    Lost your job through misconduct
    Refused an offer of suitable alternative employment or suitable training
    Suitable employment does not include employment in a job that is vacant because of a trade dispute. In addition, the employment must be suitable, having regard to your age, sex, physique, education, normal occupation, where you live, rate of pay offered and your family circumstances.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_allowance.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

No matter where you work there'll be people like that.

I think you should expect an exclusion period as you've only been working 2 months. Ultimately it's at the discretion of the person dealing with your claim.

Advertisement