Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Court date - to pay damages - want to move date forward.

• 29-09-2010 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi All,

Not looking for legal advice, as everything was already handled in court.

But I have to pay criminal damages, court date is 14th of october, at 09.30.

I have to basically leave the country before that, and will be gone on that date as well (possibly for forever.) Is there any way i can pay what i owe before the court date, or move the date up so i dont have to fly back for that day just to pay a bit over 3000 euro? I have the money ready now.

Or can i contact someone to find out? (My sollicitor does not answer phone / e-mail so thats useless.)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

MrParanoid wrote: »
    Hi All,

Not looking for legal advice, as everything was already handled in court.

But I have to pay criminal damages, court date is 14th of october, at 09.30.

I have to basically leave the country before that, and will be gone on that date as well (possibly for forever.) Is there any way i can pay what i owe before the court date, or move the date up so i dont have to fly back for that day just to pay a bit over 3000 euro? I have the money ready now.

Or can i contact someone to find out? (My sollicitor does not answer phone / e-mail so thats useless.)

Thanks in advance!

Your solicitor does not answer phone or emails he isn't much of solicitor, time for you to go get a new solicitor to sort it out for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Talk to the court clerk or the guard himself(i assume it criminal damage). Some arrangement can be found! A relative could represent you possibly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MrParanoid

cursai wrote: »
    Talk to the court clerk or the guard himself(i assume it criminal damage). Some arrangement can be found! A relative could represent you possibly!

I'm moving back to my relatives ;)

They are criminal damages indeed, I will call the gardai station I was arrested and talk to him, is there any way to know what court clerk I should contact? Or can I just walk into the Court building near phoenix park (where my trial was/is) in Dublin?

All the Irish friends (well, not really friend friends) I asked were advising me to just flee the country, which I find ridiculous.
    gustafo wrote: »
    Your solicitor does not answer phone or emails he isn't much of solicitor, time for you to go get a new solicitor to sort it out for you

Def. true, it's a disgrace, my barrister was very good though.

Thanks for the help both of you so far.

Advertisement